|← Previous glitch Pokémon||Current glitch Pokémon||Next glitch Pokémon →|
|Z ゥ (E5)||9ゥ (E6)||ゥ ゥ. (E7)|
9ゥ is a dual-type Normal (0x12)/Normal (0x13)-type glitch Pokémon in Pokémon Yellow.
Its family number is 215.
It cannot be caught with the Trainer escape glitch or another means of instant encounter, as a Rocket battle will be initiated instead.
Depending on the data in the memory there may be a high chance that, when switching out to this Pokémon, the game will freeze and glitch music will begin playing. This is usually not a concern when it is the first sent out, but you may want to consider not using this Pokémon if you want to switch to it later. The reason this glitchy behaviour happens is due to problematic data at its back sprite pointer, $FAC9.
The back sprite of this glitch Pokémon can be manipulated, ultimately allowing for a custom sprite. See arbitrary sprites for more information.
Methods to obtainParty remaining HP glitch or storage box remaining HP glitch with a remaining HP of 230. Time Capsule exploit (Sunkern). LOL glitch ("?" character) International fossil conversion glitch with an Attack stat of 230. Equivalent trade of - - (E6) from Pokémon Red and Blue. Arbitrary code execution
Starting movesJump Kick TM09 TM54 Pound
Level-up movesGlitch Move 0x00 (Level 4) Horn Drill (Level 5) Poison Sting (Level 6) Mega Kick (Level 119) Aurora Beam (Level 126) TM45 (Level 184) Wing Attack (Level 195) Glitch Move 0xB1 (Level 205) TM40 (Level 209) Body Slam (Level 234) Body Slam (Level 250) TM01 (Level 251)
TM/HM movesTM02 Razor Wind TM04 Whirlwind TM09 Take Down TM14 Blizzard TM17 Submission TM18 Counter TM20 Rage TM21 Mega Drain TM24 Thunderbolt TM28 Dig TM29 Psychic TM31 Mimic TM32 Double Team TM33 Reflect TM37 Egg Bomb TM41 Softboiled TM42 Dream Eater TM44 Rest TM46 Psywave TM48 Rock Slide TM49 Tri Attack HM02 Fly HM03 Surf HM05 Flash
Time Capsule exploit movesTime Capsule exploit level-up moves: Absorb, Growth, Mega Drain Time Capsule exploit TM/HM: Toxic, SolarBeam, Double Team, Rest, Cut, Flash Time Capsule exploit events: Splash (New York City Pokémon Center)
- GlitchDex articles
- Pokémon Yellow glitch Pokémon
- Generation I glitch Pokémon
- Glitch Pokémon
- Family 215 glitch Pokémon
- Glitch Pokémon which learn a glitch move 0xA6-0xC3
- Glitch Pokémon which learn a TM/HM glitch move
- Glitch Pokémon which learn glitch move 0x00
- Glitch Pokémon which learn a glitch move
- Glitch Pokémon part of Yellow experience group 0x20
- Normal (0x12)-type glitch Pokémon
- Normal (0x13)-type glitch Pokémon
- Arbitrary back sprite glitch Pokémon
- Glitch Pokémon which affect item identifiers
- Freeze sprite glitch Pokémon
- Freeze sprite glitch Pokémon in Pokémon Yellow