Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Member+ - Page 1

Member+

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-10 21:52:27
Edit: Members+ are now being voted into the group by existing Members+, Distinguished Members, and staff. So are moderators and Distinguished Members, by the way. Now, one of the perks of being in an exclusive group is having a special part in some decision-making process.

In a few weeks I will be allowing people to apply for Member+ status. This is basically an "elite member" type usergroup that conveys some additional privileges such as being able to change your custom title and viewing the exclusive board. It will be less exclusive than the other "elite" groups (Valued, Distinguished, and Oldbie), that is, anyone will be able to join.

To apply for Member+ you will have to:
* Make at least 40 posts. The posts must show that you are intelligent - i.e., decent grammar, well-thought out, follow basic netiquette, etc. Please put effort into them. Note that you can't get away with making only 40 good posts while making the rest of your posts stupid. Because Member+ are "elite" users, they will be expected to look intelligent all the time. Ideally, I should be able to bring a complete stranger in, show him all your posts, and hear him say "That guy looks like a smart fellow", not "Oh god, not another noobish pokemon fan".
* Take and pass a quiz. The quiz will randomly select 50 questions from a pool of around 150. You are expected, at a minimum, to get 80% of the questions right (80% of 50 is 40). Additionally, 20% (10) of the questions are "given" - that is, they are so easy to find the answer to that you are expected to get them all right. Missing any one of these 10 "given" questions fails you the entire quiz, even if you got the other 49 questions right.
* Be approved by a staff member

The quiz and the promotion program will come by the end of the month.

I hope this encourages better, more thought out posts.

Re: Member+

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-11 15:18:19
Ok i get this,but,can my "intelligent" posts count that ive already posted before you thought of this?and also,is there more privileges than the ones mentioned?

Date: 2007-06-11 15:24:38
That's all I can think of at the moment. Also if you want us to consider you for for Member+ you should probably improve your grammar. Words at the beginning of a sentence and the letter "I" are always uppercase, "I've" has an apostrophe in it,  and are spaces between sentences. Also keep in mind that "2", "4", "U", "Y", etc, are not words (use "to"/"too", "for", "you", and "why")

Also some of the staff sees a problem with your attitude in some of your posts. Might want to take a look at that, some of us actually wanted to warn you for it

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-11 15:36:04
Abwayax it's not an attitude,that's the way I talk,im not trying to flame anyone or wanting to,so next time you see that you know im not flaming,it's just the way i talk,but I will change it if i have to or need to.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-12 17:02:13
I would definitely like to apply for this! it is one step closer to becoming a staff member (and likely the closest I can get as I'm not very good at finding a lot of glitches without using codes)!

Date: 2007-06-12 22:58:13
Alright then. Just make sure you remember that the pronoun "I" is always capitalized. :)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-06-13 09:06:24
What are the Member+ questions on?

Date: 2007-06-13 11:19:36
Glitches.

The quiz is not written yet.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-13 14:02:47
I want to apply for Mem–

Oh, wait. :x

Date: 2007-06-13 15:01:01
I can downgrade you if you want

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-13 19:53:29
so the quiz is on glitches, huh? then I guess I had better study up on them. just don't make them extremely random, Abwayax. it would be too hard if people had to memorize certain glitch names or at what level they learn moves. only do things like that with the more well known glitches like Missingno and M'!

Date: 2007-06-13 20:00:11
It's not testing you on your knowledge of glitches, more like on your ability to research. Therefore I'll make them as random as I want.

Posted by: hypershadow12
Date: 2007-06-14 10:36:03
Oh man, I need to study up. Good thing you have a main site!!!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-14 11:05:37
I want to do the quiz for some reason….

I would probably ace it…..almost…..probably

…..Maybe not

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2007-06-14 22:18:35
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is an open site quiz.  So anything goes.

I believe the point is not to test how much you know, but to force you to read through the entire site and learn some things before becoming a member+.

EDIT:  I'd like a copy of the quiz too.