Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Decree on Alternate Accounts - Page 1

Decree on Alternate Accounts

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-22 19:35:00
If you use an alternate account (known otherwise as a "sockpuppet") to misbehave ("trolling", "raiding", "flaming" or any variation or variations thereof), please know that it can be traced back to your original account, and that your alternate account will be banned (not deleted, banned) and that your main account will be warned anywhere from +35 to +100 (35 is enough to put one on moderated posting, 60 is enough to completely revoke posting privileges).

If you use an alternate account for any other evasive purpose (i.e. escaping a bad reputation or "warn-o-meter", disguising or obscuring your identity), please know that it can be traced back to your original account and that, without your consent, the alternate account can be deleted and any posts made with it reattributed to your main account (This was done with Crazysquid34/Minimoose34).

If you use an alternate account for any manner whatsoever, please note that the staff has the right to disclose who the operator of the account is and any other accounts that operator may have.

Despite this, however, there is no hard and fast rule regarding the use of an alternate account.

Drive wisely.

Re: Decree on Alternate Accounts

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-01-23 17:18:00
Drive wisely.
;D

Okay, well, even through the surprising amount of procrastination, we still get stuff done. Good job for posting this. Kudos!

Date: 2009-01-23 20:33:23
Stuff is getting done. It's just not stuff you can see. If you could only see how much progress I've made on the Orange Glove script…

Actually, you will, since 0.0.2 will be the first public release (GCL won't be upgraded until I get the SMF authentication backend done, which is slated for 0.0.4 on my todo).

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2009-01-23 21:34:31

Stuff is getting done. It's just not stuff you can see. If you could only see how much progress I've made on the Orange Glove script…

Actually, you will, since 0.0.2 will be the first public release (GCL won't be upgraded until I get the SMF authentication backend done, which is slated for 0.0.4 on my todo).

0.0.2? Near completion or a release?

Date: 2009-01-23 21:44:16
0.0.2 is an alpha release. I have a todo list that goes as far as 0.0.7, which will be "near completion" for me.