Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

I want all to be aware - Page 1

I want all to be aware

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-02-07 19:28:28
The rules were updated to add something about bumping:

Do not post in topics that are over 4 months old, unless there is significant reason to do so.

Administrators and moderators seem to haven't been aware of the update, so I just want to let you know.

Does this mean that members should stop reporting bumps? Maybe not, but especially do so if you really don't think the addition to an old thread is actual new content/recent news/relevant.

Re: I want all to be aware

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-07 19:46:55
What if it's your own topic?

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-02-07 20:14:26

What if it's your own topic?

Thomas has a point.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-02-08 03:58:02
I think your own topics are an exception to this rule, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-02-08 23:23:26

In general "significant reason" means actual new content relevant to the topic, or recent news concerning said topic. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis by moderators and administrators.

Ownership of a thread has very little to do with it. If the thread is something like a sprite thread that you bumped to update, chances are it would be allowed. Bumping a thread you started about zombies in the news? Not so much.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-02-09 10:08:42
Oh thanks, I was getting a little confused about that. That's why I stayed away from all old threads.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-02-17 00:07:29

In general "significant reason" means actual new content relevant to the topic, or recent news concerning said topic. This will be decided on a case-by-case basis by moderators and administrators.

Ownership of a thread has very little to do with it. If the thread is something like a sprite thread that you bumped to update, chances are it would be allowed. Bumping a thread you started about zombies in the news? Not so much.

Unless that thread was about zombies, then I'd say it'd be allowed.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-02-21 23:47:51
EVERYONE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT ZOMBIES SO YOU CAN ABUSE THE EXCEPTION.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-02-21 23:57:13

Uh, tthe exception is that you can't bump it.
But all right.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-02-28 10:38:51

Uh, tthe exception is that you can't bump it.
But all right.

No bumping. That's good.