Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Happy Independence Day - Page 1

Happy Independence Day

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-07-04 19:38:02
Now that that's out of the way, I'm trying something a little new. Hopefully it'll work.

As of now, GCLF has adopted trial membership. The usergroup "Aspiring GCL Member" is basically a trial member. After 35 posts, Aspiring Members are moved into "Awaiting Approval." To continue posting, these members will have to request membership in the "GCLF Members" group through the User Control Panel or via a board link that appears under the Rules link.

Full members might have noticed a new category - "Lab Sigma: Restricted Access" - pop up. This is where all the secret world domination plans are held. More importantly, though, this is where the members approval board is. For those of you familiar with the Member+ nominations procedure, it's basically like that. Full members can nominate someone they think is alright, even if they haven't reached 35 posts yet. People who hit 35 and request membership are also deferred to this board. Please note that the approval board isn't a place to talk nasty stuff about Aspiring Members behind their backs. Upon approval (or disapproval) they will be told anything that was said about them, and those people will be warned.

Full members are able to do everything the 50-posts group could, including RPs and forum games.

Oh, for those of you wondering what happened with the permissions earlier - I ran a SQL query to automatically move anyone with 35+ posts to the Full members group and accidentally moved staff and Members+ to that group too, so I had to sort it all out.

Re: Happy Independence Day

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-07-04 21:45:01
Is this why the forum dropped off the face of the Earth for an hour or two just now?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-04 23:46:01
Happy Idependence day. The fireworks show here was horrid…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-05 14:16:00
Happy late 4th!
The fireworks show was epic.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-07-06 18:25:38
Yeah, we went downtown on the 4th to watch the fireworks, it was cool! I stayed up late playing games after I got back  :P.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-07-07 12:10:06
This is a bit late, but happy Independence Day. The fireworks here were of the highest caliber; nothing like the abhorrent show in 2007.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-07-07 14:14:37
I celebrated my grandma's birthday, then went with my friend to shoot fireworks off at his uncle's house and in his neighborhood.

Oh, and don't we already have a topic like this here?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-07 15:01:41
This topic is about the changes so no.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2009-10-03 11:08:19
"Aspiring GCL Member" has been dropped so to preserve space on this board, its being De-Stickied.