Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

So you want to be a lawnmover? - Page 1

So you want to be a lawnmover?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-08-15 20:03:33
So maybe you've noticed a couple of people with a "GCLF LAWN MOVING SERVICE" usergroup. This usergroup was created by someone else to force a meme.

Now apparently some people find it funny. I find it retarded. I figure people are going to ask to be part of the LAWN MOVER group anyway, so I figured I'd do this.

As of now, membership in the GCLF LAWN MOVING SERVICE is open to anyone. Go to the User Control Panel ("Profile") and select "Group Memberships." Now, anyone can be a lawnmover!

The caveat is, because I personally don't like seeing this group on my forum at all, the group will be deleted on September 15, 2009 (one month from now) and all users in the group will be moved back to their former primary group when this happens. The reason for this is because, with so many lawnmovers in GCLF's employ, sooner or later all the lawns will have been moved, eliminating the need for a lawn moving service.

So, enjoy it while you can! :)

Re: So you want to be a lawnmover?

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-08-15 22:26:05
I approve this message.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-16 01:09:01
What about lard turd?

Will he be demoted?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-16 17:09:50

What about lard turd?

Will he be demoted?
And renamed? D:

I propose lard turd get a special membergroup called Head lawnmover

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-08-16 17:21:20
Too much work.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-16 21:44:50

Too much work.

Adding a usergroup is easy.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-16 21:55:18

Too much work.

Adding a usergroup is easy.
Yep, Admin –> Members –> Membergroups (or at least in SMF 2.0), then add it.

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-08-16 22:03:52
Abwayax clearly intends to do no such thing.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-17 14:07:44
I propose lard turd get a special membergroup called Head lawnmover

Sorry, but I'm the Lord High Lawnmover, so no.

(T)he group will be deleted on September 15, 2009 (one month from now) and all users in the group will be moved back to their former primary group when this happens. The reason for this is because, with so many lawnmovers in GCLF's employ, sooner or later all the lawns will have been moved, eliminating the need for a lawn moving service.

So, enjoy it while you can! :)

What about when the lawns need moved back?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-08-17 14:40:55
This is the best idea I've seen to handle a fad for the longest time. Bravo, sir.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-17 14:51:33
Lard turd is the Head Lawnmover, he started the group, so Lord Miller is not the Lord High Lawnmover.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-17 15:00:21
And then he got banned from the labs, so my claim to the title Lord High Lawnmover is substantiated.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-17 15:08:19

And then he got banned from the labs, so my claim to the title Lord High Lawnmover is substantiated.

Self-proclaimed titles are never offical so LTMNTYCTMLM is Head Lawnmover and outranks you.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-08-17 15:08:45
Since it's just you applying the title to yourself, thus it holds no merit among the lawnmovers themselves.

LAWNMOVERS FOR ANARCHY

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-17 16:08:36
"I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message"