Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Updated Usergroup Information - Page 1

Updated Usergroup Information

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-09-14 21:39:14
Most forums, including GCLF, use Usergroups as ranked titles which give special permissions and in some cases, authority.  The order in highest to lowest rank here is:

(Interim) Head Administrator:

The Head Administrator is the owner of GCL.  He is the ultimate authority when it comes to decision making, however his decision may be overturned by a majority consensus of administrators and staff.  If the Head Administrator is going to be on a planned leave for an extended period of time, he may appoint an Interim Head Administrator to fill his spot until he returns.  (List of users) (List of interim users)

Administrator:

Administrators have full access to the entire site's features and inner workings, including all moderation actions.  They make the rules, decide on what to do with the website, and make final decisions about the site. (List of users)

ACCESS TO THE ADMINS ONLY BOARD IS AVAILABLE TO THOSE ABOVE THIS LINE

Staff:

Staff are the moderators of the entire site.  They are able to edit posts, sticky, lock, and trash any post and any topic on any board they have access to.  They also have the ability to ban if need be.  Staff can make approve and edit any page on the wiki. (List of users)

Local Moderator:

Local Moderators have moderating rights (lock, trash, sticky, edit) in the board or boards they moderate over and can access the Moderators Only board.  They cannot ban and they have no outside authority besides the occasional vote in the Moderators Only board.  (List of users)

ACCESS TO THE MODERATORS ONLY BOARD IS AVAILABLE TO THOSE ABOVE THIS LINE

Distinguished Member:

Distinguished Members are those who have made ground breaking discoveries in glitchology, made many, many discoveries, or have an astounding amount of knowledge about glitches themselves.  (List of users)

Veteran Contributor:

These members were Valued Contributors of the site back when it wasn't a wiki and was only edited by a select few.  (List of users)

Wiki Contributor:

This is a special title given to those who contribute many QUALITY edits and work to the wiki.  Special permissions will be granted on the wiki, however details of which permissions are not known at this point.  (List of users)

Decamark Researcher+:

This title is awarded to those who helped with Melchior X and discovered and researched 50 unknown decamarks.  (List of users)

Oldbie:

This title is granted to those who were on Glitch City Laboratories' previous incarnations at or before 2005.  (List of users)

Crash and Burn:

This title is to signify those in GCL's ROM Hacking group "Crash and Burn Rom Hacking".  Currently led by Wack0 and "doing nothing since 2007".  PM him for details and entry.  (List of users)

Member+:

Members+ are those who have shown quality in their post content and/or glitch knowledge.  Members+ and above are able to vote for other members to become Member+ and even vote for those to become moderator.  (List of users)

ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE BOARDS ARE AVAILABLE TO THOSE ABOVE THIS LINE

Decamark Researcher:

This is a title awarded to those who helped with Melchior X and discovered and researched under 50 unknown decamarks, but more than 0.  (List of users)

GCL Fangame Development Team:

This title is to signify who is part of the GCL Fangame Development Team.  (List of users)

Glitchbattle Alpha-Testers:

This title is to signify who is alpha testing Glitchbattle, a project that was being made by malacoda in 2006/2007, but he has recently expressed interest in restarting development if people are interested.  (List of users)

GCLF Member:

Any GCLF Member.  Those who have not posted yet will show up as "Not Yet Posted".  There is a secondary GCLF Member group that unlocks at 50 posts to allow access to 3 hidden boards.  SPAM POSTS TO GET 50 POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL GET INCREASED WARN-O-METER!

Test:

A test account of the admins used to test permissions or other aspects without the need of outside user help.  (List of users)

Moderated Profile:

Those with Moderated Profile have either put something very, very wrong in their profile or would not size down their signature when asked to.  The length of time this lasts varies on the infraction.  This group is invisible.

PM Banned:

PM Banned users have either spammed someone or many people with PMs about nothing or have caused trouble, threats, or drama via PMs and are banned from using them for a set amount of time that varies with the severity of the infraction.  This group is invisible.

Banned:

Too bad, that's it.  These people are not allowed to access the forums due to their infractions.  (List of users)

(Note: Some groups such as Local Moderator may look empty because SMF usually only shows group members of the group who have their primary group set to that group.  Wack0 is a Local Moderator, but depending on your permissions, you may not be able to see him as one.  The unviewable groups right now are caused by me making them unviewable in the group key on the index which is apparently also the groups only visible to members and guests.  I'll see if there's a way to keep the index as is without having to go back to 19 member groups at the bottom of the page and have the groups viewable, but as for now, it's going to be like that.)

Re: Updated Usergroup Information

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-03 21:36:51
It's 2013 and I KNOW there's been changes. Update needed.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-01 12:20:09
There HAVE been changes, for example, the "Banned" group doesn't exist anymore, The "Glitch-Battle Alpha-Testers" are floating in smoke, the "Fangame Development Team" is dead too, and the "Decamark Researcher" group was killed by a Decamark (the + variant still exists though!).
Also, how is HorizonGirl76 and surfingpichu in the "Oldbie" group? HorizonGirl76 joined only 4 years ago, while surfingpichu, less than 6 months ago. Maybe they have new accounts? I need a confirmation though.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2017-03-02 18:07:33

Also, how is HorizonGirl76 and surfingpichu in the "Oldbie" group? HorizonGirl76 joined only 4 years ago, while surfingpichu, less than 6 months ago. Maybe they have new accounts? I need a confirmation though.

I dunno who HorizonGirl76 is (maybe I just don't remember, or they have a different name now?) but surfingpichu is definitely an oldbie, from an era before this forum was in its current incarnation. Back when it was called Professor Glitch's Laboratories, which would be probably over 10 years ago.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-03-03 00:11:33

I dunno who HorizonGirl76 is (maybe I just don't remember, or they have a different name now?) but surfingpichu is definitely an oldbie, from an era before this forum was in its current incarnation. Back when it was called Professor Glitch's Laboratories, which would be probably over 10 years ago.

You know that I have posted that a few month ago?
Anyway, thanks, kind of.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-22 23:29:04
The Decamark groups are now officially deprecated. Anyone in Decamark Researcher+ is now Member+, and the only user in the normal Decamark group already was Member+.

It was decided not to give any of the more accomplished ones Wiki Contributor status unless they became active again.