Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Pokémon Glitch Discussion Stickies - Page 1

Pokémon Glitch Discussion Stickies

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2015-04-10 12:03:16
After seeing the current state of Pokémon Glitch Discussion and the massive wall of stickied topics on the first page, they have been moved into their own child board for cleanup.

Normally, stickied topics would be unstickied after they've outlived their relevance, but most of the sticky topics are either umbrella topics about general glitches in a game or about ground breaking work.  One example is the arbitrary code execution using the Coin Case in G/S.

Normal Members, Member+, Oldbie, etc. will not be able to make new topics in this board, however groups such as Distinguished Member, Veteran Contributor, Wiki Contributor, and higher will be able to.

If a topic that is created is found to be better fit in the main Pokémon Glitch Discussion board, it will be moved there.

Re: Pokémon Glitch Discussion Stickies

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-04-10 12:26:00
I like your decision to split the stickies. Cheers Photon-Phoenix.

There's one big thing I disagree on. Why is posting in the new board restricted to those user groups? I think anyone should be free to contribute research, or ask questions about things in the threads. I feel what you did promotes elitism and restricts growth.

Do I have your permission to make it so that regular members can post there?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-04-10 12:31:44

I like your decision to split the stickies. Cheers Photon-Phoenix.

There's one big thing I disagree on. Why is posting in the new board restricted to those user groups? I think anyone should be free to contribute research, or ask questions about things in the threads. I feel what you did promotes elitism and restricts growth.

Do I have your permission to make it so that regular members can post there?

Posting isn't restricted, but creating new topics is.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2015-04-10 13:00:42

Posting isn't restricted, but creating new topics is.

^ This

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-04-10 13:14:52
Oh right. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2015-04-19 06:50:57
Good job doing this. The Stickies occupied all first page, and the new threads couldn't see… I thought in create a new thread that serve of compilation for the Stickies, but this is okay and better. Thanks.