Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Decluttering stickies - Page 1

Decluttering stickies

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-08-02 20:53:35
After looking through the forums for a while, there seemed to be a lot of topics that were unnecessarily pinned or simply didn't have the relevance they used to. In the interest of general cleanliness and the fact they sometimes clogged up the first page in their respective sections, I've unstickied them. I'm putting a list below in case anyone has any objections or might have wondered where they went.

Generation I Glitch Discussion:
R/B/Y HoF (we know why it happens now)
How to get all R/B/Y/G/S/C glitches (no gameshark) (obsoleted by countless further discoveries)
Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion (Actually, I didn't…from a brief glance it seemed to maybe have enough content not clearly found elsewhere that could be worth citing. Plus, it's interesting from a historical perspective. I'm considering it, though.)
List of Japan-only tricks (on the wiki)

Generation II Glitch Discussion:
G/S/C glitch discussion (the whole section is for this)
List of Generation II glitches (on the wiki)
Studies on the possibility of getting ????? in G/S/C (obsoleted by the general awareness of bad clones, Johto guard glitch, ACE, and possibly other things)

Generation III Glitch Discussion:
Considering Gen III Extended Hacking Suite and Decamark Researcher Signup Thread due to the status of Melchior X, but leaving them until there's more staff input regarding the project. The main thread is still interesting enough to stay at the top, and there isn't much of a clutter problem in this section anyway.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Glitches (no more relevant than the other threads)

Pokémon Discussion:
Pokemon game mechanics survey (not much to say on this, I think it was related to GCL Version or GlitchBattle)
Official Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Friend Rescue Thread (obsoleted by A-OK mail generators on the off-chance someone comes here to look for a friend rescue and is still playing one of these to begin with)
Official Battle Log Thread (it'll never get much use, and there are other sites for serious competitive discussion)

Forum Announcements:
Sig Restrictions (Not against them per se, but I don't think they've ever been enforced. If anything, unstickying this 12-year-old topic might finally generate discussion on it.)

Re: Decluttering stickies

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-08-03 08:05:43
Nothing really to say. Don't disagree, but I'm not very involved with this site. (I will read further replies, but may not react if I have nothing to say)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2018-08-04 00:09:35

Official Battle Log Thread (it'll never get much use, and there are other sites for serious competitive discussion)

…Didn't you sticky that yourself? I mean, you did create the thread.

Anyway I don't disagree.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-08-04 14:05:28
Yeah, no arguments here. Go for it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-08-06 09:38:14
I'm not very involved with this site.

Really now? :P

And Zow, yes I did, in addition to the "Favorite Pokémon" thread.