Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

NetBattle source code release imminent - Page 1

NetBattle source code release imminent

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-03-09 14:37:49
Source: http://tvsian.info/netbattle/index.htm

Here's the deal - I just don't have any sort of time to work on this anymore. For a long time, Masa was doing a lot of the programming, but I haven't heard from him in over a year. On top of that, I haven't had any interest in Pokemon since the GSC generation.

Soooo…. At some point soon, I'll get the source code packed up and available to the public. If anybody decides to start up a new page for the project, I'll be happy to put a link here. In the meantime, the registry will remain up and running when I can, but I don't know how long it'll last.

This'll be interesting. Two questions I have are:

1. Will another developer pick up NetBattle and resume the project?
2. (This is more perplexing) Could GlitchBattle benefit from some of the sourcecode? Like, I don't know, including the option to connect to NB servers and import/export .pnb (or whatever format NetBattle uses for its player data) files?
3. Could we simply ditch the existing GB codebase and use NB source as a base?

Re: NetBattle source code release imminent

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-09 14:41:13
Whatever you choose can you add more actual glitches?
It isn't Glitchbattle without Glitches.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-03-11 21:10:36

Whatever you choose can you add more actual glitches?
It isn't Glitchbattle without Glitches.

Of course I'm going to add glitches to GlitchBattle. Why would I make it in the first place?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-13 14:41:03
Its just the previous versions, yes I know they are not complete, but they only have 'M in.