Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Do you like the GTS? - Page 2

Re: Do you like the GTS?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-10 20:17:05
The trick is(and this really does work!better then you'd expect) that YOU put up the sensible trades, so then it just trades REALLY FAST. really fast. Otherwise, emerald clone and put up opposite trades (I HAVE done Kyogre for Croagunk. IHAVE done Rayquaza for Azurill) if you're wondering those were the last ones I needed for the Sinnoh dex.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-10 20:43:02
Another thing that helps is if you attack rare items to the Pokemon you're trading (ex. Master Balls, Elemental stones) Fossils work especially well, with the "version exclusive" ones the most effective.

You can get rare things for baby starters too.

Date: 2007-09-11 19:31:04
Plus baby Spiritombs. Used to be anyway.

Date: 2007-09-11 20:21:04
Gibles are as popular as ever. So are, oddly, Donphans O_o.

Emerald-cloned shinies are always fun :P. I put up a cloned Shiny Nidorina for a female Riolu once. Though I probably should have asked for Lucario. Oh well…

Date: 2007-09-12 14:38:14
Why Gibles?…

Date: 2007-09-12 18:47:15
B/c Gibles become Garchomps, and you have to go somewhat out of the way to find them.

Date: 2007-09-12 19:49:15
Hmm, I only traded a Lv100 Snorlax clone for a Lv100 Garchomp 8) And one more thing: Sometimes you can even get more than you ask for. For instance: I put up a Lv100 Zapdos clone, I want a Lv40+ Honchkrow (version exclusive). I end up getting a Lv100 one. Strange, huh? Opposite of the usual!

Date: 2007-09-12 21:28:29
Yeah, that's happen to me too. As well as that Cyndaquil-Spiritomb trade I mentioned eariler, I also put up a cloned Celebi for a female Blissey of any level, and got a Lv. 100 Blissey XD. It had sucky moves though, and I eventually traded it for something else.

…I'm just waiting for some random dude to ask for a Nidoran female, so I can give them the shock of their lives by trading them a SHINY Nidoran female (cloned of course)

:P

Date: 2007-09-13 05:23:16
*sigh* Global Trade Station. Do you have the game?

Date: 2007-09-16 07:28:58
Anyway, Kanto and Johto PkMn are worth a lot too.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-09-20 20:04:05
Haven't tried out the GTS yet. I kinda wish I'd been part of the Mobile Adapter scene, though. (Also it would've been nice had tech-savvy people taken notes while it was still running, as that would have meant a possibility of someone creating their own server for it now that it's gone.)