Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

What Gen....... - Page 1

What Gen.......

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-01-25 10:39:58
This is not based on looks.

Re: What Gen.......

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-09 14:15:33
You mean which one most changed/upset the competitive environment? I don't really get what you mean by the question.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-09 15:44:41

You mean which one most changed/upset the competitive environment? I don't really get what you mean by the question.

What gen has the best Pokemon.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-09 15:56:07
In that case I don't know. Weird kind of question.

Posted by: baby_fire
Date: 2008-03-11 00:31:12
Oops. I voted before seeing the first post. :P

In that case, I have no idea.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-03-12 17:05:21
I sort of get the question. I think it is based on how strong the attacks were in each generation, and each generation is based on the name of the region, which could have gotten confusing because of the third generation remakes of Kanto. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that first generation had the strongest moves because there weren't a huge variety of moves, causing some moves that are considered to be weak now were considered strong back then. Also, some moves, such as Dig, had a base power of 100, which was then lowered in the next generation to 60. Many of the TMs of that time were of stronger moves, as well, causing for Pokemon to get moves that they cannot get in third generation (not counting the Kanto remakes, as they are move tutors), as they could be traded over to second generation and fourth generation brought those TMs back, but they added so many moves that those original TM moves are now considered weaker than what they originally were.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-03-12 17:16:06
Well, seeing as 4th gen had tons of legendaries, evoloutions of other gens & "Arse-us", I go for that one…

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-12 17:20:54

Well, seeing as 4th gen had tons of legendaries, evoloutions of other gens & "Arse-us", I go for that one…

Arceus, aka God. In 5th gen, I speculate they will have a Jesus like Pokemon. (sarcasm).

Anyway, I voted Kanto but I may have decided Johto is better. I don't know about 4th gen, so…