Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokemon Prof-type trainer? - Page 1

Pokemon Prof-type trainer?

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-03-04 17:28:44
On Bulbapedia, there is a list of 1st-gen trainer types. Under beta, it says that Pokemon Prof. was a beta trainer. Is this true? How would they find that out? And is there still one fightable through "old man glitch"?

Re: Pokemon Prof-type trainer?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-04 19:46:27
If you're talking about Oak, then yes that is true. Stick the symbol "Mn" in your name in the third, fifth, or seventh slot of your name, and you will encounter him on the coast.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-04 20:20:34
As for trainers with names in RBY it shows their names only, so Prof. Oak is Prof. Oak. I think they introduced those kind of trainer types (beta of course) in GSC.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-04 23:46:18
Three beta trainer categories exist in RBY.

JUGGLER (duplicate), no trainers defined.
CHIEF (sprite same as Scientist), no trainers defined.
PROF.OAK, three trainers defined.

You can fight the three Professor Oaks with the following Gameshark codes:

01E259D0
01015DD0

or

01E259D0
01025DD0

or

01E259D0
01035DD0

L66 Tauros
L67 Exeggutor
L68 Arcanine
L69 Blastoise/Charizard/Venusaur
L70 Gyarados

Posted by: zyborg
Date: 2008-03-13 13:22:43
Oh. THanks. I guess that Professor Oak was supposed to test you or something. Does he say anything when he loses?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-13 13:55:14

Three beta trainer categories exist in RBY.

JUGGLER (duplicate), no trainers defined.
CHIEF (sprite same as Scientist), no trainers defined.
PROF.OAK, three trainers defined.

o.O I've actually encountered them, on my Yellow, was I was screwing around with codes, to get different glitches, but instead, I saw them three, who battled me, and I won.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-13 16:18:16
Oh yeah, I've heard about those.

I think you can encounter Chief via the Cinnabar coastline if you have the right symbol in your name, if I remember right. I know you can do it with Oak. (thouigh obviously you will get glitch teams instead of regular teams)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-14 11:42:31
Cool, love to do that. I've found a few new glitches, in Green, but they're very unstable. ??