Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

G/S remake rumor? - Page 1

G/S remake rumor?

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-24 18:33:16
Did anyone else hear about a possible G/S remake?

I saw it on a Pokemon community on livejournal http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/1616357.html

I'm sort of new here so I don't know if this is old news or what…

Re: G/S remake rumor?

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-03-24 19:20:35
=OOOO
OMG.
If its a remake like what they did to Red/Green I am NOT buying it because the story sucked of what Game Freak did to it…

And I heard nintendo copyrighted the names dawnsilver and duskgold.

I've heard this too. :D

I am so pumped. I <3 GSC. But since they will probably put all the new pokemon well…maybe I'll buy it. Once I see reviews.

HAY LETZ EMAILZ NINTENDO GUYZZ!!!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-03-24 19:24:08
I did hear they were thinking about it at one point last year

Date: 2008-03-24 19:28:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHn5mDUuzI
Watch ^^

I remember people talking about this lastyear too now that you metion it…
and from that Youtube vid..it reminds me.
OH PLEASE MAKE A REMAKE PLEASEE!but not as crappy as FR and LG plzzz

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-24 19:50:09
Hmm, this rumor has more to it than I thought. I always thought it was just a cool idea turned noobish. Anyway, I hope they don't use DawnSilver and DuskGold. I was thinking along the lines of…actually never mind. Kinda tough actually! :-X Anyway I liked FR/LG! >:( Ah well…anyway I'll check out the video and stuff (video is a Latin word by the way).
EDIT: OMG Johto IS in D/P! This confirms it for sure! (try Pokesav)

Date: 2008-03-24 19:50:45
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG]http://www.myds.com.au/img/news/NewsSuggest_JCHSY3LL.jpg[/img]

*is dead*
Damn Japanese!

Also,
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/GSremake/index.html

EDIT:Actually the image is confirmed a fake D:
These images have been confirmed to be fakes.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=276414

Posted by: WithLightsOut
Date: 2008-03-24 21:14:45
I kinda thought it was fake… there's English writing on it… or is that how Japanese games look?  :-[

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2008-03-24 21:50:25
Most Japanese games have a hybrid of English (usually not very much) and Japanese writing. So yes, this is normal.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-03-25 01:59:47
Nintendo for leisure's sake make the remakes already!!!

Date: 2008-03-25 17:01:12
How long was it between RS and FRLG? We're gonna have to wait even longer than that.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-25 17:36:58
If we're going to assume Nintendo would remake Gold and Silver, we would have to ask why they remade Red and Green. Why did they? To get all the remaining Pokemon. Between Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen, we could catch all 386 Pokemon, with the exception of a few legends that have never been reasonably obtainable anyway.

To make up for the lack of RBY TMs, FR/LG had move tutors. What about GSC TMs? Check out Emerald's move tutors.

A lot of things like Jasmine's appearance, Secretpotion, etc. could be explained as pan-series references as easily as "proofs" of a remake.

The only real pointer to a remake is the "found in Johto" data, and that's a tenuous proof at best.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-03-25 18:02:32
Wait, where does Jasmine appear?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-03-25 19:07:50

Hmm, this rumor has more to it than I thought. I always thought it was just a cool idea turned noobish. Anyway, I hope they don't use DawnSilver and DuskGold. I was thinking along the lines of…actually never mind. Kinda tough actually! :-X Anyway I liked FR/LG! >:( Ah well…anyway I'll check out the video and stuff (video is a Latin word by the way).
EDIT: OMG Johto IS in D/P! This confirms it for sure! (try Pokesav)

Can you post an AR code of the Johto map warp from Pokesav?

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2008-03-25 19:34:18
Prof. Sherkel mistook a statement about a connection to Johto in D/P.
There is no real Johto 'map' or area that exists in D/P. However, someone discovered that it was indeed planned (or going to be, in this case) by hacking a Pokemon's 'area found in' variable. What they found was that there is indeed Johto region data in the game.

But maybe there is map data in the game. If so, it would probably be a brand-new discovery that I did'ne hear about yet. I'll let Sherkel take it from here.

Date: 2008-03-26 14:20:47
Ah, sorry, I meant that you can make PkMn be "from Johto".