Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Do you nickname PkMn? - Page 1

Do you nickname PkMn?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-26 14:39:58
I didn't use to at all, but now I do it quite often, more with unimportant PkMn. They are usually named after the situation, a related thought, or how I'm feeling at the moment. Occaisonally I'll do something just random, but never anything you'd name a pet or anything :P. My brothers (who used to use my games and their own boxes before they got their own) came up with pretty funny ones, usually just something random, or maybe random letters. I'm fighting the Elite Four at the moment, but when I'm done I'll post some of mine on my Pearl.

Re: Do you nickname PkMn?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-26 14:55:01
I'm always nicknaming my Pokemon. Well, I don't nickmane, those, I don't like. Some of my Pokemon, have their Japanese names, or I come up with something else. I didn't nickname my Pokemon much, when I was younger, but I still do now quite often now. Like my Starly, on my Pearl, Avia-chan, as I just love Staravia. My once Turtwig, on my Diamond is called Leaf Storm.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-26 15:14:20
I usally only name pokemon I catch at the begaining of the game. On My lost dimond, I named my Torterra Twint.

Date: 2008-03-26 15:20:30
….I'm not going to ask about that. Half, I don't remember. My Mewtwo, onmy Red, is Myuutsu, My Mews, are Myuu, TR Mew, Mew, and something else. Uh, My Houndoom, Zoltan, I have another, known as Kage/Kage-Chan, Metagross -  Metagorosu, uh, I forgot what I called my, Venasaur, on my Red… My Raichu, Raiami, my lost Luxio, Luxio-chan.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-26 15:25:21
I almost always name starlys Polly for some reason. But I don't name Staravias anything.

Date: 2008-03-26 15:46:06
OK, here are some of mine on my Pearl. Remember! I said they would be weird!
AMITE / Magneton - Something random with the species name (it was a Magnemite)
Selfdestru / Rapidash - Look at the next one.
ct?! / Geodude - I caught these after fighting a wild PkMn (I think a Geodude) but it got away with Selfdestruct!
MARKER / Marill - Have no idea what I was thinking here! Still cool though!
WOOPER♀ / Wooper - This was after a series of male Wooper.
DUBBEL? / Marill - Another Marill, so thus a double.
BRONZONGS / Graveler - This was the beginning of "Bronzongs are actually pretty cool!", what I was thinking at the time.
ACE of spd / Machop - Originally short for Ace of Spades, but now short for Ace of Speed.
GREATBALL / Clefairy - Must have been on my mind at the time!
CLOCK / Bronzong - Bronzongs remind you of clocks, no?
YIKES! / Bronzong - Self-explanatory.
Lv100 PALK / Shieldon - Part of a phrase…
IA / Shieldon
ON GTS?! / Shieldon - They're version exclusive, I could get one!
NO THANKS / Skuntank - My friend: Do you want me to nickname this? Me: No thanks.
STRAPATOR / Staraptor - It's the way my friend pronouced it.
WOOPER3 / Wooper - Third in a series of Wooper I guess.
SHEESH! / Wooper - Obvious (thinking that for some reason).
ANOTHERK2!/ Wooper - On my Red I had caught two Kangaskhans, naming the second "ANOTHERK" short for ANOTHERKANGASKHAN. This is, well, another Wooper. Kept the K for tradition!
DUDE!! / Azurill - Thinking that, because I had to trade a Ho-oh or Rayquaza to finally get it in my PkDex cause I couldn't find one and then I find one! Dude!
DUDE!!2 / Carnivine - Identical situation!
OH?! / Dustox - Oh, um…dunno why I called it that actually :#.
ROSELIA  ? / Roserade - 'tis a subtle dot. 'tis still a Roselia when it is Roserade! ?Qu??
Hedge / Shaymin - Whoa! An actual nickname!
MR. NIDO / Nidoking - An in-game trade in FR/LG gets you "MS. NIDO".
MOWTH / Persian - From the name Meowth, before it evolved.
POLI / Poliwrath - Kind of an actual nickname actually!
My god I wasted like an hour on this! I'll put more later!

Date: 2008-03-26 17:12:55
When I saw that list, I just laughed. Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, I'll get a list of mine, when I remember.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-26 17:21:38
All the time.
I have so many nicknames it would be a long list.

Date: 2008-03-26 17:25:53
I'll have to check, my R/B/Y/ G/S/C/ Ru/Sa/Em, D/P, for the names of my Pokemon.

Date: 2008-03-26 19:15:09

When I saw that list, I just laughed. Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, I'll get a list of mine, when I remember.
Well, as I said they would be weird! And maybe funny! Plus that's only some of mine!

Date: 2008-03-26 20:10:58
:D I dunno, nor remember, where my, G/S/C, are at the moment. Dunno, about R/B, Ru/Sa/Em, don't know. -_- I'll have to hunt for them.