Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Need 1 Pokemon - Page 1

Need 1 Pokemon

Posted by: Blue Lickitung
Date: 2006-08-20 20:32:27
It's on a Pokemon: FireRed version.
Here's my current party:

Lv44-Dragonair<Hasty>
Shed Skin/None

DragonRage
Twister
Surf
Slam

Lv42-Lickitung ("Marc")<Relaxed>
Own Tempo/Quick Claw

Slam
Strength
Wrap

Lv50-Chansey<Rash>
Serene Grace/Amulet Coin

Egg Bomb
Thunder
Blizzard
SoftBoiled

Lv55-Marowak<Bold>
Rock Head/None

Bone Club
Bonemerang
Bone Rush
False Swipe

Lv48-Charizard<Quiet>
Blaze/Cleanse Tag

Slash
FlameThrower
Fly
Blast Burn

I have not beaten Elite 4, I have beaten all Gyms, and need to know
1. Any suggestions
2. What to moves to teach
3. A Suggestion for my sixth pokemon. Keep in Mind I DO NOT have access to 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon.

Thank you very much

Re: Need 1 Pokemon

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-08-20 22:13:21
Lets see, pretty good. (You might want to raise their levels first…)
Hmm..I WOULD say replace the Lickitung, but it's like the mascot…
1. Teach Dragonair a 4th move…preferably a powerful one…
2. Get a Gyarados, teach it Surf, Thunder, Giga Drain (if you can), and Ice Beam.

Date: 2006-08-20 22:36:46
Cool… But dragonair knows 4 moves. Did you mean Lickitung? I'll try the Gyardos, and thanks!

Date: 2006-08-20 22:38:12
Oh, it looked like Dragonair had only three…yes on the Lickitung. I think it should be more than just a mascot.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-08-20 23:32:26
LOL I want to point this out,On my emerald my dragonair knows the same moves,but is level 36.

Date: 2006-08-21 22:04:34

LOL I want to point this out,On my emerald my dragonair knows the same moves,but is level 36.

It's because you get dragonair as a dragon type. The only dragon moves it learns are Twister and Dragon Rage. It can learn Surf which is 80pow/100acc and slam is a good physical attack against pokemon with low Defense.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-08-22 00:05:30
surf is 95. slam is 80

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-08-22 11:59:33
Gyarados is a good Pok?mon, but your team needs a good special attacker, and Gyarados has a better physical attack stat. Something like Alakazam, Jolteon or Starmie might be better. Those Pok?mon are typically used as special sweepers in competitive play. And since in-game play is much easier than competitive play, using these Pok?mon should give you a big advantage. Also, Marowak is too good of a Pok?mon to be stuck with a wimpy move like Bone Club. Since you already have two other Ground moves on it, buy a Brick Break TM from the Celadon Dept. Store and replace Bone Club with Brick Break. Also, hunt around for some more Cubones and catch them, and try to find one with a Thick Club. Marowak can have an Attack stat higher than even Groudon's with that item. And if you haven't used your Toxic TM yet, teach that to Chansey. Replace Egg Bomb with it–Chansey's Attack stinks anyway.

Oh, and when you get to Victory Road (If you're not already there), you'll meet a Move Tutor that can teach Double-Edge to a Pok?mon. Replace Marowak's Bone Rush with it. Double-Edge + Rock Head = extreme power, and Bonemerang's better than Bone Rush anyway.

Date: 2006-08-22 18:57:07
I don't have access to a Starmie, and the Gyardos didn't work out. I could delete Bone Rush, but not Club. Club is a high-PP move but, False Swipe, I will delete. I was wondering I caught a Zapdos(Lv50, Pressure), would that work? If not I could try Golduck, Starmie's Replacement for Fire, or I have a Lv33 Eevee I was planning to Evolve into Umbreon, but….

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-08-23 21:18:18

I don't have access to a Starmie, and the Gyardos didn't work out. I could delete Bone Rush, but not Club. Club is a high-PP move but, False Swipe, I will delete. I was wondering I caught a Zapdos(Lv50, Pressure), would that work? If not I could try Golduck, Starmie's Replacement for Fire, or I have a Lv33 Eevee I was planning to Evolve into Umbreon, but….
Well, from my experience, most Pok?mon don't need any moves with more than 15/20 PP if they have other attacking moves to back them up. Of course, False Swipe would be of no use in Trainer battles anyway, so you'd actually be better off keeping Bone Club instead if you don't need the utility move that badly. As for the 6th Pok?mon… you posted in another thread that you wanted the Mew available in the Toys 'R' Us giveaway as a 6th Pok?mon. That's probably a better choice, since its Special Attack and moveset pretty much PWNs anything else in FR/LG. Also, Zapdos might be good (I beat the Elite 4 with one in my team), but it can't learn any good attack moves besides Drill Peck and Electric moves. So it's powerful, but not very versatile. Keep that in mind.

Date: 2006-08-23 21:27:20
He could get Articuno instead.

Date: 2006-08-25 21:59:56
Ummm…. I don't exactly understand seafoam in FR…

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-08-25 22:10:12
[img]http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_frlg_articuno.png[/img]

Date: 2006-08-25 22:33:44
Thanks, parasite, I'll give it a shot.

Date: 2006-08-26 23:29:01
You'll get the Articuno? (That's what Parasite was saying)