Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Fear Ratata - Page 1

Fear Ratata

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-02-23 20:01:15
I know this is sort of a noob question, but I've been aware of the Fear Ratata strategy for some time and decided I was going to abuse it in Battle Tower against the AI. But the thing is, how exactly do I go about getting a Lv 1 Ratata that knows quick attack and endeavor? It learns Quick Attack at Lv 4, and Endeavor at Lv 34 and I only have D/P so I can't use the move tutor. Is there a breeding strategy I can use to acquire one?

Thanks.

Re: Fear Ratata

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-23 20:04:19
Chain breeding.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-02-23 23:13:33
You don't need chain breeding for FEAR Rattata. Just get two Raticate of different gender from Route 225 (north of Fight Area) and they should both have Quick Attack and Endeavor, thus the baby will as well.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-24 09:00:31
I'm sorry.  I'm thinking of R/S/E.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-02-28 23:47:53
I have a F.E.A.R. Rattata. Tis awesome.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-03-25 16:57:13
FYI, the strategy can also be used with Doduo, Taillow, Treecko, Smeargle (obviously), Phanpy (with Ice Shard), and several others.  A lot of them need Platinum move tutors for Endeavor and Sucker Punch/Vacuum Wave, like Wormadam, Chimchar, and Mankey.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-25 22:41:53
There should be a full list at http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/F.E.A.R.