Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon TCG 2 - Page 1

Pokémon TCG 2

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-04-16 20:08:45
This is one quite weird game. At first looks it seems rather normal, but I must have been wrong. After a dude on YouTube gave me a complete save file to record music from, I saw what a lot of the game was really like. Not necessarily darker than TCG (though it is), but completely weirder. The upbeat spirit of the old TCG isn't present here. It's sad really. The evil team contains some pretty screwy looking dudes, the music makes it sound like a completely different (and worse) game (I'll be uploading some music to my gamma3adhexius account for you guys to see), and the boss of the evil team…you'll just have to see for yourself. Your rival joins the evil team, and they have a whole new map dedicated to themselves! All in all, it's just very unusual, and though it apparently has a lot more depth than it's prequel, I really don't like it. But that's just my opinion?

Discuss the game here.

Re: Pokémon TCG 2

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-16 20:50:02
I started to post a playthrough on youtube but stopped because I was waiting for the fan translation somebody was working on at pokecommunity. However I haven't been on pokecommunity in months so no telling if the translation has been dropped or not. You are right, the game does seem darker, even though I can't read the text It just feels darker than the first game.

Date: 2009-04-17 14:54:39

I started to post a playthrough on youtube but stopped because I was waiting for the fan translation somebody was working on at pokecommunity. However I haven't been on pokecommunity in months so no telling if the translation has been dropped or not. You are right, the game does seem darker, even though I can't read the text It just feels darker than the first game.
Yeah, one of the reasons I liked the original so much was how it was so upbeat. I am currently listenong to one of the songs I like (GR Fortress Leader Duel) but some of the music is just horrid.

Date: 2009-04-17 17:05:17
I like the fact all the old music is still present. I actually enjoy the normal Team GR member duel. Do you know if Imakuni makes a reappearance. He was so stupid that it was funny.

Date: 2009-04-18 06:02:00

I like the fact all the old music is still present. I actually enjoy the normal Team GR member duel. Do you know if Imakuni makes a reappearance. He was so stupid that it was funny.
He does, but he is red and looks wicked stupid. He has a new theme too.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-04-18 08:41:07
Yeah, I have the original game and Imakuni is one of my favorite characters cause he is funny. I think the 2nd game would definitely add more strategies, but its too bad its in Japanese  :-\.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-04-22 14:49:44
* Wack0 wonders what the glitch "pokemon" are in TCG2, as he has discovered what they are in TCG1

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-04-22 14:52:41
What I'd like to know is where I can find it. I searched Google for hours on end, no luck. If someone could just provide a link to the website and leave me to my own devices from there?

Date: 2009-04-22 14:56:33
I found it on a remote website hosted by some person who had all the generation one and two  games and side games. I'm not sure if its still there or not though but it was this past summer. I found it by googling "Pokemon Red rom" (Btw the Silver version rom doesn't work so don't waste time downloading it.)

Edit: I'm sorry I meant "Pokemon Red Version Rom" Second search result can't miss it. The TCG2 is at the bottom of the page. it has no picture.
most likely what i just said will be removed so don't waste any time getting it.

Oh BTW Tombstoner, Imakuni is supposed to be red (actually more like orangish brown.) While his signature card was never released in the US (Due to its stupidity.) He has a few cards that feature him on it.

Although I don't recall seeing him in recent releases. I think the last set I saw a card with him on it was in Neo Destiny. He's featured on the Lucky Stadium card but with his black outfit. He actually has two different outfits.
He was also in one of the two Gym leader series (Forgot which series but it is one of them.)
The card he's featured on it that set is "Imakuni's Doduo".