Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Flame and toxic orb in D/P/PL...? - Page 1

Flame and toxic orb in D/P/PL...?

Posted by: Piedie
Date: 2009-04-17 18:12:07
What is the point of having them? All they do is poision/Burn your pokemon. Whats the point of harming your pokemon?

I do know about the "trick" move (the one that swaps items/w pokemon)

So please post your idea's about them!

(and yes, you can laugh at me)

Re: Flame and toxic orb in D/P/PL...?

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-04-17 19:34:25
OK.  *laughs*

Just kidding.

And as for their use, aside from Trick, give them to something that has Guts or Quick Feet and knows Protect.  Use Protect on the first turn and the orb activates, which activates the ability.  And no, the attack drop from burn does not take place on a Guts Pokemon.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-04-17 21:20:41
Also, if you give it to a Clefable with Magic Guard it will be immune to the damage from Toxic while being immune to status.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-18 08:48:43
Breloom with poison heal heals your damage from the toxic orb

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-04-18 09:01:31
Use it with a Pokemon with really high attack, is a Normal type, and knows Facade for some serious sweeping. I looked on Serebii.net and found that Swellow could probably use it well.

Date: 2009-04-18 10:40:57
Thanks for the responces, keep post your idea's

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-04-18 13:08:46
I suppose you could use Fling, which then burns/poisons the defender, as well as 30 base damage (not great, but meh).

Date: 2009-04-18 13:17:10

Use it with a Pokemon with really high attack, is a Normal type, and knows Facade for some serious sweeping. I looked on Serebii.net and found that Swellow could probably use it well.

I know for a fact that Raticate is good for this too.

So let's see, we got Guts, Quick Feet, Poison Heal, Facade, Fling, Magic Guard/Facade…..  Lot of uses, I'd say.

Date: 2009-04-18 13:32:45
Alittle off topic but, on my diamond, i give my pokemon a master ball, and fling it! 999x each pokeball so ya..

what would happen if a pokemon cought another pokemon  :???:

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-18 13:39:09

I suppose you could use Fling, which then burns/poisons the defender, as well as 30 base damage (not great, but meh).

Well, you could do that with Poison Heal Breloom or Immunity Snorlax.

Date: 2009-04-22 16:24:44

Alittle off topic but, on my diamond, i give my pokemon a master ball, and fling it! 999x each pokeball so ya..

what would happen if a pokemon cought another pokemon  :???:

I doubt we'll ever know- Fling fails if the Pokemon is holding a Pokeball.

Posted by: latiasilver
Date: 2009-04-22 17:59:56
I fould It useful to use trick with it, burn foe easy… and thats all I know what to do with it…