Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

FUCKING AWESOME NEWS! - Page 2

Re: FUCKING AWESOME NEWS!

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-08 13:42:23
So apparently, there is now an official thread for this. Just thought you should know.

Re: FUCKING AWESOME NEWS!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-08 15:58:33

Well, we knew it was coming…

Can't say I'm really excited, though. Thing is, I already played this game. LeafGreen wasn't all that enjoyable to me when I played it because it was something I had already played years ago and I can't imagine HeartGold will be anything different. Fr/Lg didn't have that "magic" the originals did.

They did add to the plot by adding, "This is the real story of what Red did after beating the Pokemon League. He went to the other Four Islands, finally broke the news to Team Rocket that their boss left and revealed really serious details that kept you guessing. After all this Red got laid then went to Mount Silver and sat in the Dark waiting three years for a Trainer as powerful as he was to come and defeat him."

Interestingly, there are hints the the Rival from GSC is actually Giovanni's son.
the researcher in the Rocket Warehouse mentions that Giovanni has a red headded son.
Also think about it for a minute. The GSC Rival has red hair and share both personality and facial features with Giovanni. He steals pokemon from people, he sees pokemon as tools and things to use to get his way, and his eyes look exactly like Giovanni's as does the rest of his face. He just screams Giovanni's kid.
with all this said I can't help but wonder if Giovanni might appear some time later in the game.

I'm also interested in what the Sevii Islands look like 3 years later as well as maybe Hoenn (although lets not push it on Hoenn since that's a bit too far away. Still it would be cool to get an additional 8 badges in addtion the the 16 other badges that were already available in the original GSC. I know the Hoenn region probably won't be in there though.)

Edit: Since there is an official thread now I'm locking this topic