Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon TCG Discussion Thread - Page 1

Pokémon TCG Discussion Thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-10 19:43:48
Anybody else here play it besides me? If so, discuss it here! Post decks and discuss tournaments and strategies and stuff. Today I actually went to the prerelease for Platinum Rising Rivals. My friend talked me into doing a draft for another $25 dollars, and I somewhat regret it (I had to leave in the middle), though I did pull an Infernape weird thingy Lv.X. However, now I am $50 in debt. But I probably won't need to buy anything for a while. My deck is:
Pokémon (25):
Wurmple x4 (to evolve into Silcoon)
Silcoon x3 (to evolve into Beautifly)
Beautifly x3 (crazy powerful if you can get enough energies, also high HP)
Misdreavus x4 (to evolve into Mismagius)
Mismagius x4 (good energy costs, and is good at somewhat controlling the opponent)
Alakazam weird thingy x3 (doesn't go along with evolution theme but needed something Psychic)
Farfetch'd x2 (don't ask why)

Trainers/Stadiums/Supporters (10):
Professor Oak's Visit x4 (common in decks and useful to get out needed cards)
Technical Machine TS-1 x4 (core of deck, used to get out evolutions)
Miasma Valley x2 (all Grass and Psychic)

Energy (25):
Psychic Energy x17
Grass Energy x8

Re: Pokémon TCG Discussion Thread

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-11 18:44:49
I play but not as much as I used too. I have quite a few rare cards. I have Shining Mewtwo from Neo Destiny (probably my rarest.) My most powerful and deadly card I own is Ampharos EX from EX Dragons. 150 HP, a poke-body that causes damage to your opponent when he attaches an energy card to his pokemon and a coin flip attack that either does 70 damage or 40 damage and paralyzes. This guys a real monster once he's out on the playing field.

Re: Pokémon TCG Discussion Thread

Date: 2009-05-17 19:03:58

I play but not as much as I used too. I have quite a few rare cards. I have Shining Mewtwo from Neo Destiny (probably my rarest.) My most powerful and deadly card I own is Ampharos EX from EX Dragons. 150 HP, a poke-body that causes damage to your opponent when he attaches an energy card to his pokemon and a coin flip attack that either does 70 damage or 40 damage and paralyzes. This guys a real monster once he's out on the playing field.
I actually have many exs, though many are outlawed now unfortunately. I had them before I started playing. I only have one Lv.X, though I don't currently intend to use it (it was the one I mentioned earlier). My deck doesn't seem to need Lv.Xs though, it won 5 times at League today mostly against decks with Lv.Xs.

Re: Pok©mon TCG Discussion Thread

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-19 00:50:54
I never understood the game but I like looking at the cards.

Re: Pok©mon TCG Discussion Thread

Date: 2009-05-19 17:39:58

I never understood the game but I like looking at the cards.
It must be tough to get over 100 new drawings for each expansion, come to think of it.