Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Something interesting. - Page 1

Something interesting.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-16 21:33:46
Back when I was rom hacking my pokemon Gold rom, I decided to look at Pewter City in Goldmap. When I did this I saw that over by the Museum back entrance there were two objects sitting in the corner. One of them was known, it was the Berry Tree found there. However next to it was another object that never existed and was invisible by normal means. So I decided to activate it by making it visble and picking a random number so I could turn it into a specific object. When I when there to access it in game, I was amazed to find that it was actually a Teru Sama. This makes me speculate the the creators had something good there at one point but saw it as useless so instead of taking its  location out, they simply removed the object from the programming, replaced it with a Teru Sama, left its locacation for some reason and made it invisible. Not exactly sure what this item was but it was interesting to just find a Teru Sama sitting there on the ground after enabling it.

Re: Something interesting.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-17 02:00:11
If you picked a random number, then how do youknow they placed it as a Teru-Sama?

Date: 2009-05-17 17:17:15
A random number for the object's graphics not its value. Sorry, I guess I wasn't being specific enough. My bad.

Date: 2009-05-17 17:31:19
Now it make's more sense. Because it actually let's you pick which item you place there if you toy with it for long enough.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-19 00:45:13
Value 8 is the picture for pokeball in gm. this is interesting, but if you think about it Teru-Sama is the place holder for items in your bag, so it could be any item, but since it was on the map then it might be a beta item or something. IDK

Date: 2009-05-20 18:43:54
I'll get a picture so hold on.

edit: Got it!

[IMG]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/Goldmapthingy.png[/img]

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-21 10:16:17
Where abouts is it?

Date: 2009-05-21 21:52:43
One of those two P's in the upper right hand corner in Pewter City. One of them is a Berry Tree.

Date: 2009-05-22 02:26:39
Neat, I will now exploit this.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-23 16:08:16
My bad the value is 841

Date: 2009-05-24 19:04:55
No wonder it wasn't working.  :XD: