Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

I checked out Platinum's enclosed instruction book, and found this little gem - Page 2

Re: I checked out Platinum's enclosed instruction book, and found this little gem

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-24 00:13:01

PROTIP: To play Pokemon Platinum, insert the Pokemon Platinum cartridge on the DS. To turn the system on, turn the power button on.
I'm fairly sure that actually is in there.
It actually IS in there.

How dumb do they think we are?

Re: I checked out Platinum's enclosed instruction book, and found this little gem

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-05-24 00:35:55
I think they think that we, combined, have the intelligence of a bottle of Pikachu's favorite ketchup.

:)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-24 01:06:25

I think they think that we, combined, have the intelligence of a bottle of Pikachu's favorite ketchup.

:)
I think that they really DO.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-24 03:42:02
I think this is the result of a lawsuit by an even stupider person who sued Game Freak/Nintendo because they couldn't turn on their DS.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-05-24 04:21:52

I think this is the result of a lawsuit by an even stupider person who sued Game Freak/Nintendo because they couldn't turn on their DS.

Since when did a retard earn enough money (Or intelligence) to file a lawsuit?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-05-25 14:30:13
I'm guessing its for the older much more casual players because my dad didn't used to know how to even turn on a DS; he used the volume control instead

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-25 19:40:18
To be fair, the old Gameboy models had a switch used for powering on the system that could be confused with a volume slider.

Re: I checked out Platinum's enclosed instruction book, and found this little ge

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-25 21:29:36
PROTIP: To activate Debug type DEBUGUP during the game.

Date: 2009-05-29 20:56:05

I'm guessing its for the older much more casual players because my dad didn't used to know how to even turn on a DS; he used the volume control instead

True, that happened with my dad as well, but only because his eyesight is fading and he couldn't read the "POWER" on the switch, so he thought it was the volume knob.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-06-15 18:21:51

To be fair, the old Gameboy models had a switch used for powering on the system that could be confused with a volume slider.

They're very easy to tell apart. One turns the system on, and the other doesn't. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised by the switch on the DS Lite, but it's still obvious as a power switch.

True, that happened with my dad as well, but only because his eyesight is fading and he couldn't read the "POWER" on the switch, so he thought it was the volume knob.

Very few handhelds have a power button; most have switches. As far as I know, the DS is the only Nintendo handheld with a power button. That's probably why older people get confused.

Date: 2009-06-16 04:10:10
Oh, so thats why they created a power button elsewhere on the DSi.

Re:I checked out Platinum's enclosed instruction book, and found this little gem

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-06-17 14:00:14
Thanks to this thread, I created a new forum game.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-17 17:58:01
I wonder if they'll do this for the next games.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-30 14:38:17
They likely will for at least 5 years, as ever since the 'Touch Generations' Nintendo has made gaming much easier for the casual gamers and less intense with 'Brain Training' etc but now it seems to be calming down a bit more but there are still such kind of games like 'Rhythm Paradise' etc