Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The 'Truck' - Page 1

The 'Truck'

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-06-04 20:23:26
While making a FireRed hack, I came upon this little gem:
[spoiler][attachment=1][/spoiler]

I promise I did not edit this. Just open up any FireRed rom.

Re: The 'Truck'

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-04 21:06:20
The Truck lives. Whoa.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-04 21:45:56
Yeah, the truck still remains there… click A on the SS Anne Truck to get a Lavacookie.

May I ask where thst is as I just realized that may not be the SS Anne Truck?

Date: 2009-06-04 21:47:54
In the SS Anne opening place.

Date: 2009-06-04 21:52:16
It's not where you board the SS Anne or?

Date: 2009-06-04 21:52:54
Where you board, just where the truck is originally.

Date: 2009-06-05 00:20:58
Ok, just making sure since I haven't played Fr/Lg much.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-06-05 09:43:58
Um…  I knew about this for quite a while.

Date: 2009-06-05 10:50:08
Yeah, just an addition to the famous Truck.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-05 15:49:47
It is a little bizzarre, why a lava cookie? It is by the sea after all and nintendo dont expect you to have anything to do with hoenn until you have got the national dex. I wonder why?

Maybe just a practical joke on us, to make us think wow lets stick this lava cookie in the water to dose it and eat it.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-06-05 16:55:22
I haven't tested it on the new game, but on the originals if you get cut (and everything else you want) then Black Out on the SS Anne (all Pokemon Fainted) the ship does not leave. Because the scripting is based on you leaving the SS Anne. Obviously if you go in and come back out again it then leaves

I'll test it now if you want on the new games. I could do a video proof on the old games as well (because you obviously can't be bothered to start a new game just to test it out)

[spoiler]Have I actually got a non glitched/cheated game? I started up Red to remember I completed the game before talking to oak for the first time. I then booted up FireRed to find that I had just beaten Brock with a level 77 Egg called Gregg… Fun times

If I am spoiler monologging then I might as talk about my Rayquazegg, I loved him. Due to Ruby's interpretation of the data it sent him out as a Rayquaza but with Egg's colourset. Originally It hatched very quickly so I had to bad-egg-ify it. [/spoiler]

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-06-05 17:00:25
That is a very cconfirmed glitch.

IT does not work in Fr/Lg. You have to get a pokemon with cut from a trade.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-06-05 18:53:14
XD lol I forgot about the truck still being there :p. I think the first time I heard about it I thought it was so hacked but I guess Nintendo does like easter eggs in Pokemon.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-05 23:36:02
Here's an explanation for the Truck:
It is not a lost bit of beta material. I realized this many years ago while Using the Battle Lugia GameShark SP code to by pass the ferry dock dude. There are in fact crates next to the Truck. Hence it is a decoration because since this is a harbor, its natural there would be a loading dock for the Ships. Also a truck would be needed to haul around the crates.

The truck has no real beta material value whatsoever. It was just there for the player to seek out in their spare time if they wanted to for replay value and lulz.
It is in fact more of an easter egg of sorts. It was left there on purpose because they knew somebody would be bored enough to find it.

Sorry guys but this needed to be clarified. I apologize for bursting any long time member's bubble but it was time this was made known.

I've known about this for years by the way. I think the Lava cookie was put there as a joke referring to the fake stories surrounding Mew and the Truck. They didn't want the player to leave empty handed this time around I suppose.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-06 00:36:02
I wonder if we will ever find another easter egg in any of the pokemon games.