Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Which Pokemon RPG Generation is the best? - Page 1

Which Pokemon RPG Generation is the best?

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-09 15:48:08
This is my first poll on Glitch City Laboratories. :P

Well, I vote Pokemon GSC because:
1. Great music.
2. Great 4-colors-each-tile graphics!
3. Good story.
4. Johto rules!

So, it's a great game for 8-bit/16-bit gamers. (I actually think Nintendo should still make some 2D games with 8-bit or 16-bit graphics and NES/Gameboy music. :P)

Re: Which Pokemon RPG Generation is the best?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-09 15:52:41
I go with R/B/Y for nostalgic reasons.

And no, "It doesn't have good graphix!!1" is not a valid argument. Yes, the graphics are worse than G/S/C's. Yes, they are primitive. What more could one expect from a game made in 1995?

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-09 16:01:43
Pokemon RBY is still a good game on the Gameboy. I consider RPGs on old consoles such as the NES and Gameboy really good. :P

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-09-09 21:39:49
Pok?mon RBY for me.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-10 06:51:06
Ruby, Sapphire and maybe Emerald as I enjoy Ruby and Sapphire and I have completed them! Yay!

And I like the new generation glitches! More Yay!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-12 20:19:19
Hmm… which one, indeed? Well, R/B/Y would be the obvious choice for a glitch researcher, because nearly all of the glitches are on R/B/Y. But Ruby & Sapphire have the most features (more than FR/LG, which were just rehashes), and G/S/C have the longest and most complex storyline. Ultimately, though, I'd have to say G/S/C. They are the only Pokémon games to have two regions in one game, they have a lot of Pokémon but not too many, they have a better battle system than R/B/Y but not the unbalanced R/S/FR/LG/E system that makes certain Pokémon uber and others useless, and you can trade Q-glitched Pokémon over from R/B/Y (can you say "Sporing Electrode"? ;)).

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-15 23:21:21
they're all great.

Posted by: Ranmakuu
Date: 2006-09-20 21:45:38
Mine is R/G/B/Y

I know it's doesn't have that good graphics and all but the game was sure is fun and all
And that's the only time Pokemon is super popular and all of that