Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Platinum question - Page 1

Platinum question

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-06 00:41:17
I probably sound like a dumbass asking this but what typer are physical and which are special? I really need to know this!  Anybody wanna go fishing?

Re: Platinum question

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-06 00:46:54
Check on serebii.net, they have infomation on all attacks, of their types, like normal special and so on. All the moves are the same as they are on D/P.

Date: 2009-06-06 01:04:08
I dont want to go through all the moves and all i want to know is what types are special and which are physical i.e fire, psychic, steel

Date: 2009-06-06 01:14:18
If you did it would save me explaining.

Here's a list:

Fire:
Blast Burn - Special Attack
Blaze Kick - Physical Attack
Ember - Special Attack
Eruption - Special Attack
Fire Blast - Special Attack
Fire Fang - Phsyical Attack
Fire Punch - Physical Attack
Fire Spin - Special Attack
Flame Wheel  - Phsyical Attack
Flamethrower - Special Attack
Flare Blitz - Physical Attack
Heat Wave - Special Attack
Lava Plune - Special Attack
Magma Storm - Special Attack
Overhear - Special Attack
Sacred Fire - Phsyical Move
Sunny Day - Other Attack
Will-o-wisp - Other Attack

Steel:
Bullet Punch - Phsyical Attack
Doom Desire - Special Attack
Flash Cannon - Special Attack
Gyro Ball - Phsyical Attack
Iron Defense - Other Attack
Iron Head - Phsyical Attack (There's a song called Iron Head, how bizarre)
Iron Tail - Phsyical Attack
Manget Bomb - Phsyical Attack
Metal Burst - Phsyical Attack
Metal Claw - Phsyical Attack
Metal Sound - Other Attack
Metal Mash - Phsyical Attack
Mirror Shot - Special Attack
Steel Wing - Phsyical Attack

Is that enough?

Date: 2009-06-06 01:30:24
Ugh wtf im locking this.

Date: 2009-06-06 01:31:57
You asked, and I told you. Perhaps, not making topics, while high might help. I just gave you a list on moves that are either special and physical.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-06-06 02:14:42
FYI, it's not seperated by type.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-06 08:00:15
As you probably already notice physical attacks work for attack and special attacks work for sp attack so its a bit logical when you think about it for example don't give Rhydon surf.

Think of it as internal and external injuries, an earthquake will give you scratches and injuries so its physical not special, lots of water can be cold and can give you a bad cold etc. so surf is special. This is the same for sludge bomb fire blast and other things. Stuff like slash and shadow force etc are physical.

The only one that isnt so obvious is waterfall which is physical, if you want to know just go on the pokemon stat menu and press A on a move, it will tell you whether its physical or special by its symbol ( a red symbol is physical) and a (blueish symbol is special) stat changers like will-o-wisp are neither

Side note: The 4th and 3rd generation have a different system when it comes to physical and special moves the 4th generation is more logical and is like what I explained above but the 3rd is seperated into types for example water moves are special and steel moves arent in the 3rd generation

Date: 2009-06-06 22:48:35
Well I knew all that except i didnt know that it depended on the move an i also didnt know what the symbols meant thats what i really wanted to know thanks for clearing that up for me.  And to yami, everyone else understood me, also i wasnt high, dont blame it on me because im a stoner its your learning dissability. i hope you learned something from this! -giggles-

Date: 2009-06-06 23:01:02
I cant lock this from my phone, somebody, someone please lock this, thanks :) !