Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Any level range for Magikarp on Pokemon Platinum - Page 1

Any level range for Magikarp on Pokemon Platinum

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-13 15:53:51
I haven't tried this because I don't have Pokemon Platinum but apparantly if you use a super rod in the resort area in pokemon platinum you can get a magikarp at any level range even 80+

So this could be an easy way to get a high level gyarados here is where I got the information from:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
- Towards the bottom of the page [spoiler]As of Pok?mon Platinum, Magikarp is the lowest, and ironically, also the highest level non-glitch Pok?mon available for capture at level 1 and 100, beating out even the level 80 Arceus for highest. It is only available in a pond in the Resort Area with a Super Rod in Platinum, where only Magikarp can be caught and range in level anywhere from level 1 to 100. [/spoiler]

There are also several youtube videos of people doing this glitch this is the best quality one I could find though - [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ZTtL6HVKU&feature=fvw[/youtube]

Re: Any level range for Magikarp on Pokemon Platinum

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-06-13 17:38:41
This is not actually a glitch.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-06-13 19:25:33
Moved.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-13 23:46:06
I've gotten a Level 100 Magikarp.
The man in the pool hinted that the "Fearsome Ruler of The Sea" lived in these waters, so Nintendo intentioned it, but why a LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP?

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-06-14 04:25:40

I've gotten a Level 100 Magikarp.
The man in the pool hinted that the "Fearsome Ruler of The Sea" lived in these waters, so Nintendo intentioned it, but why a LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP?

Apparently for the lulz.

And a level 100 Magikarp is used for lulz battles so that it can win any battle as long as it has Flail, and there is a pokemon with both Dragon Dance and Baton Pass in the party. Such as Smeargle, the most widely used.

Date: 2009-06-14 05:15:42
I see, Bulbapedia isn't very accurate then as it is almost suggesting that it is a glitch

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-14 11:40:41
Bulbapedia fails at glitches.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-06-14 12:41:04

Truer words have never been said (well, actually there have, but that's beside the point).  When the GCL Wiki is up and running, are it and Bulbapedia going to link to each other?

Date: 2009-06-15 05:47:44
It depends if both parties agree to being affiliates to each other.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-06-15 17:43:54

Truer words have never been said (well, actually there have, but that's beside the point).  When the GCL Wiki is up and running, are it and Bulbapedia going to link to each other?

I once found "Glitch Valley" and it's various inhabitants mentioned on Bulbapedia. Supposedly in R/S/E, it contained the likes of "Glitch Knight" (or something similar), among others. Needless to say, I edited it out.

Bulbapedia already has several international affiliates; I would imagine that the GCL Wiki would be welcomed due to the poor quality of current Bulbapedia glitch information. On the other hand, Bulbapedia is an enormous database of everything from anime episodes to catch rates and would be an excellent GCL affiliate. I use it all the time, especially when deciphering my Japanese Pearl and (to a lesser extent) Emerald versions.

Date: 2009-06-16 04:12:23
There are many wiki-editing retards out there in the world. That is why Wikipedia only accepts edits from registered members. I wonder about Bulbapedia…

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-06-16 04:31:59
Actually, Bulbapedia is the one that doesn't allow unregistered edits.

Date: 2009-07-30 14:43:12
Bulbapedia has its own 'Project Glitchdex' where it 'aims to write comprehensive articles on each and every glitch pokemon' but sometimes I don't think they realise there are an extra possible 65,000 glitch pokemon every new game now.

Personally I think Bulbapedia needs a seperate site focussing on glitch pokemon or they could surrender to GCL when it becomes a wiki :P

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-07 16:44:39

3 things.

1. Bulbapedia already has links to GCL on a few pages.

2. That's where I found this site from

3. I did the Section on a. (Basic I know but what are ya gonna do?) Are you saying I fail?

I once found "Glitch Valley" and it's various inhabitants mentioned on Bulbapedia. Supposedly in R/S/E, it contained the likes of "Glitch Knight" (or something similar), among others. Needless to say, I edited it out.

Bulbapedia already has several international affiliates; I would imagine that the GCL Wiki would be welcomed due to the poor quality of current Bulbapedia glitch information. On the other hand, Bulbapedia is an enormous database of everything from anime episodes to catch rates and would be an excellent GCL affiliate. I use it all the time, especially when deciphering my Japanese Pearl and (to a lesser extent) Emerald versions.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-08-13 14:23:11

3 things.

1. Bulbapedia already has links to GCL on a few pages.

2. That's where I found this site from

3. I did the Section on a. (Basic I know but what are ya gonna do?) Are you saying I fail?

and I used the other language info on bulbapedia to translate moves learned by 0'Muu .. meh.