Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Shinies and Pokérus - Page 1

Shinies and Pokérus

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-06-16 08:46:07
How many shiny Pokémon have you gotten? Besides the red Gyarados, I caught a shiny Tauros in Pokémon Crystal back in 2003 or so, and a shiny Electrike in 2007 on Pokémon Emerald o_O;; (as a stroke of luck, when I traded a Cranidos for a Shieldon on the GTS recently, the Shieldon I received was a shiny, too!)

So, yea… I've had three shinies total ^_^

Now, onto Pokérus… I remember getting it when I was EV training a Swablu/Altaria back on Sapphire (I still have the Altaria in my box, not taking it out because it would remove the Pokérus…)

Yea, have any stories about shiny Pokémon or Pokérus you feel like sharing? ^_^

Re: Shinies and Pokérus

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-16 09:00:12
The Pokerus virus tends to boost your Pokemon EXP when they level up. About…the days of Ru/Sa/Em, my late brother caught a Shiny Electrike on his Ruby, and I think he still has it on his Pokemon Box/Ruby data. I haven't caught a shiny (only the Red Gyarados), and I used codes to capture my shiny Pokemon ROMs. I first had the Pokerus Virus for when I had a Bad Egg from a code my friend gave to me and she caught a ??????????, on her ROM Emerald, and she gave me the code and that was when I kept encoutering a Bad Egg, with no name, and was carrying the Pokerus virus and it even turned my Party Pokemon into Bad Eggs.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-06-16 10:10:23
Pok?rus doubles gained EVs after the virus is gotten.

Anyway, I have a shiny Raticate on Silver and a shiny Pelipper on Ruby. Have about 100 Pok?mon with Pok?rus now.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-06-16 11:24:46
I've only ever found 2 random shinies. I have a purple-tailed Sentret on my Silver, and I HAD a golden Golbat on my old Crystal file (erased itself one morning- deeply upsetting). Golbat was extra cool 'cuz I used him in Gusty Golbat on Stadium 2 and he looked cool.

I've never had a pokemon myself with Pokerus, but my brother's Pokerus-trained Slaking ripped half my team to shreds before I managed to take it out :-\ That thing has way too much attack for its own good…

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-16 11:42:15
I caught a Purple Slowbro once and I was playing my cousin's Ruby version and came across a Shiny Tentacool and caught it for him. Normally I train Legendaries unless there is something Unique about a pokemon such as it being Shiny. That is about the only time you'll actually see me train a
non-legendary.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-06-16 13:43:54
In Emerald I caught a shiny Wingull, then my friend gave me a shiny Illumise in that version. But I have lost that game since.

In Pearl, one of my Pok?mon caught Pok?Rus very early and it spread to all my Pok?mon. Knowing that it doesn't go away if it's in the PC, I deposited a few just so I could keep it.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-06-16 14:41:48
In early 2007 I miraculously obtained a noncheated shiny Larvitar in my Leafgreen. Currently it is a Level 81 Tyranitar on an extra Pearl version (restarted Diamond, but traded over unique pokemon), but sadly I was impatient and I didn't trade it over first to Emerald for cloning purposes *kicks self*. Because I have absolutely nothing planned for summer vacation, I'm soft resetting at Spear Pillar for a shiny Dialga (I already have one from my AR, but it's too fake.) I have a fuzzy memory of the Pokerus speech in my old Sapphire file, but I deleted it after failing to catch Kyogre and only having 1 Level 100 pokemon.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-06-16 20:45:15
Apart from the obvious Red Gyarados which everyone has I just have a shiny Marill and used to have a shiny Golbat (I don't know what happened to it though). I've been considering trying to chain some more, but.. nah.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-16 22:04:33
I've gotten a shiny Graveler, Bellesprout, and the Red Gyarados.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-06-17 17:57:13
I has Pokerus.

Actually, I got it the day my friend was trying to bribe me into trading my ? for Pokerus.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-06-22 02:03:45
I have never had Pokerus, but I have gotten two shinies outside the red Gyarados in GSC.  Both of these happened in Pearl just to let you know.  The first one was a shiny Bronzong that, because I wasn't paying attention, I almost ran away from in Mt. Coronet.  The second one was a shiny Misdreavus that I caught in Eterna Forest using the Poke-Radar.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-23 01:41:23
Both of my shinies were from crystal. When I was early in the game a shiny pichu hatched from the daycare egg. Then after I beat the game with the same save I ran into a shiny drowzee in the grass below the daycare… Who knows, maybe Ill get a shiny serebii in soulsilver :)

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-06-23 06:09:02
The first shiny I had was a Shiny Geodude in my Leaf Green. My second shiny was on my Platinum, a Ralts.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-18 15:00:20
I've never got a shiny other than the Red Gyrados :(

I do have Pokerus though, and its from the route between Petalburg and Oldale on a Ralts (which is safely entombed in my box for that reason). I've heard from some sites that Pokerus is more common on that route–can anyone here at Glitch City confirm that?

I also have a Bad Egg with Pokerus (when one of my AR codes failed).

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2009-07-20 14:46:42
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEG-NjPfPtY[/youtube]