Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Most annoying things in a Pokémon game - Page 1

Most annoying things in a Pokémon game

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-08-07 14:09:27
What do you think is the most annoying thing in a Pok?mon game?

For me, it's when I run out of balls when catching a legendary, after all of them only shake once or don't shake at all… that message "Aww! Almost had it!" or "Oh no! The Pok?mon broke free!" is annoying after seeing it like 30 times in a row -_-

Also, stuff like "Champion Cynthia used Full Restore on Garchomp!" after missing a one-hit KO by like 1 HP… and then you KO it on the second try…

And in Red and Blue, there was also the chance that a Pok? Ball could actually MISS the Pok?mon… as can be seen with stuff like the legendary birds and Mewtwo, as well as the Safari Zone -_-

So, what else do you find annoying in Pok?mon games?

Re: Most annoying things in a Pokémon game

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-07 16:13:55
Turn based battling. I'd love to see a pokemon RPG where you can actually control a pokemon in a fighting game esque battle. Its annoying that things still haven't changed.

(I'm actually giving everyone a hard time because I have nothing better to do.)

In all seriousness though, I've always found leveling up Pseudo Legendaries and Legendaries a pain in the ass. Its fun but at the same time annoying. (Although not as annoying as trying to level up a certain ??????????? variation but that's irrelevant.)

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-07 16:23:38
Rivals. They are the most anoying things about the games in my opinion. They're easy and you usually bet the all the time the first time you play. They just weaken your pokemon after battle and use up about 5 mins.

And when you play it for the 2nd time, you don't usually spend as much time training your pokemon because you know what to do. so sometimes you loose and have to train your pokemon just to do a single bit or to get into the next town.

*sigh*

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-08-07 19:01:36
The feature that irritates me the most is that one has to waste time attempting to beat a Gym Leader just to use a crappy HM (e.g. Brawly & Flash, Fantina & Defog) and get up a mountain. At least in Kanto the badges were emphasized as extremely important to getting to the Elite Four, but in later generations they were downgraded to mere unlocking features. Also, the Daycare. "Oh, nobody's ever actually seen a Pokemon lay an egg!" Come on, people. It's called Sex Ed.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-08-07 19:22:31
Also, encountering level 2 Pidgeys, Rattatas, etc. when backtracking through the game gets annoying when you don't have any Repels…

and, some annoying quotes…

"FISHERMAN sent out MAGIKARP!" *has five other Pok?mon in his party*

"Wild (whatever) fled!" - annoying with stuff like Quagsire and Magnemite in GSC…

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-07 19:38:21

The feature that irritates me the most is that one has to waste time attempting to beat a Gym Leader just to use a crappy HM (e.g. Brawly & Flash, Fantina & Defog) and get up a mountain. At least in Kanto the badges were emphasized as extremely important to getting to the Elite Four, but in later generations they were downgraded to mere unlocking features. Also, the Daycare. "Oh, nobody's ever actually seen a Pokemon lay an egg!" Come on, people. It's called Sex Ed.

The little kid take on the laying of eggs is really annoying. Most of the time the daycare man says 'we don't know how it got there', I can't help but say out loud 'I do, though.' I'm guessing the daycare couple don't have any kids!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-07 20:18:29
Dark caves.
They can be really annoying if you don't have flash.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-07 20:28:24
Oh yeah, that reminds me- the fact that you need Flash for Ruby/Sapphire's Victory Road! Grr… That pissed me off so much…

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-07 20:33:32

Dark caves.
They can be really annoying if you don't have flash.

Only in the GBC games. They make it way too easy in the Advanced Generation games because you can see some shit in front of you where as in the 8-bit games you couldn't see diddly shit.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-08-08 00:27:21
Caves/long routes that involve lots of useless HMs and require you ro bring multiple slaves. What? I need the Bibarel AND Defog? X_X

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-08 07:07:45
Actually, you CAN get through long routes with defog. It's hard to see and sometimes makes your eyes hurt, but it is possible.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-08 07:14:38
Starly appearing on Route 201 when I'm trying to EV train HP. Also, Game Freak changing the party of the Cowgirl who used to have 5 Bidoofs.

Date: 2009-08-08 11:38:03
Also, the high battle rate when you are trying to make a speed run.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-08-09 05:57:39

"Oh, nobody's ever actually seen a Pokemon lay an egg!" Come on, people. It's called Sex Ed.

Nevermind that there were Zapdos, Moltres, and Arcticuno eggs on Pokemon Island, furthermore the Player's Guide for Red/Blue said that Ekans' main food is Pidgey and Spearow eggs.

Date: 2009-08-16 01:12:36
I don't like the amount of legendaries.

34 seems like…..not legendary.