Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Well, this is.... Odd. - Page 1

Well, this is.... Odd.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-13 14:51:19
So, I was doing my Greek Homework, and lo and behold, there was a word that look suprisingly like Entei!
(It is sounded out ezEEteh.) It is spelled εζηει. So, yeah, I know. There's a Zeta in there, but still. It means 'he was seeking.' Eerie.

Re: Well, this is.... Odd.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-09-13 15:41:41
Really interesting thing you found there! Do you think perhaps there are words that are similar to Raikou and Suicune too?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-09-13 17:26:37
η (eta) is not anything close to an n though. It just looks like that to an English speaker.

I think Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are based off of Japanese or Chinese words. No Greek heritage there.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-13 19:28:07

η (eta) is not anything close to an n though. It just looks like that to an English speaker.

I think Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are based off of Japanese or Chinese words. No Greek heritage there.

I know. I'd kinda fail in Greek if I didn't make that distinction.

And the 'he was seeking' part fits Entei.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-11-16 21:19:50
Entei means Fire Emperor if I'm not mistaking (which I probably am).