Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Real life photographs used in HG/SS Arceus event - Page 1

Real life photographs used in HG/SS Arceus event

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-09-13 15:49:51
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh1FLRJQALg[/youtube]

Well the whole nature of this event in my opinion is a little beyond a joke, instead of a much more mild reference to 'God' as I was hoping for this Arceus event is full of triangles, circles and other seemingly 'random' stuff which is kind of more satanic, its almost like Nintendo wants to freak us out now though with these real life photos but on the other hand Nintendo may have had only one day left to release HG/SS and may have thought to themselves, if we don't have time to make more backdrop designs why don't we take some off Google Images?

Backgrounds used in this event include photographs of space, technology, red blood cells, bacteria, the earth itself and other things.

Starting from (5:29)

Re: Real life photographs used in HG/SS Arceus event

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-09-13 18:20:08
I was thinking this was a little over the top.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-13 19:07:58
This is just stupid!

Someday, a little kid will grow up worshiping Arceus!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-09-13 20:45:43

This is just stupid!

Someday, a little kid will grow up worshiping Arceus!

Why is there anything wrong with that? People have every right to worship whoever they want, and worshipping a character from a video game is not really much different than worshipping a character from a book.
Also, the cutscene is pretty damn awesome. Kinda like something out of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2009-09-13 22:06:12
[size=1]I quite like how twisted this is, its a shame they're real pictures though. Would've better if they were the pixel'd stuff, like the detailed backgrounds they throw in some of the cut scenes.[/size]

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-14 17:33:40
If I had activated the Arceus event without ever seeing this video, I would be awestruck. Apparently Arceus is God now. I'm looking forward to seeing how they attempt to top this in Generation V (assuming there is one.)

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-14 18:15:26

If I had activated the Arceus event without ever seeing this video, I would be awestruck. Apparently Arceus is God now. I'm looking forward to seeing how they attempt to top this in Generation V (assuming there is one.)

A Titan? Zeus had a father.