Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Post Nicknames of your Pokémon here (and stories about your naming) - Page 1

Post Nicknames of your Pokémon here (and stories about your naming)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-03 21:02:25
I've almost always nicknamed my Pokémon (even sometimes inviting jest from my friends), but lately I've stopped. I could go back, though.

I still have Diamond the Latios on my Pokémon Diamond savefile- he's my pride and joy and most powerful Pokémon (along with Muddy the Swampert- they were both of the same save file whose powerful Pokémon I've slowly preserved through trading throughout the games). I plan to transfer him and some others to HeartGold when I get it. I still remember how ironic I thought it was that the next Pokémon game was named Diamond.

Re: Post Nicknames of your Pokémon here (and stories about your naming)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-03 21:56:05
I have a Gardevoir, whom I have named Sana for obvious raisins.  (typo intentional)…

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-03 22:35:37
Like I said in my thread, I only nickname pokemon I own in my Generation I and II games because of the color change trick.

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-12-03 23:29:48
Ah, the crazy nicknames I've come up with…I think my insanity started with a night of hyperactivity and DudeGuy the Swampert…went on to such things as Stay Puff the Togekiss (my dad's fault), Nom the Gliscor (the fangs! The fangs are creepily adorable!), Sir Bob II the Mamoswine (….I have no explanation for this one…), Fluffy the Drapion (^_^), Carpe Diem the Gyarados…
….Though I do have a Politoed I call Twerp. He is the Murphy's Law pokemon; he hates me. Yet he seemed to hate me less AFTER I changed his name to Twerp. Odd.
I can't help it; every pokemon I raise winds up with the most ridiculous nickname. Oogala the Starmie. That was a fun one to come up with.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-04 00:36:35
I used to name my Pokemon when I was a lot younger; here's a quick list off the top of my head.

Swampert - Splasher
Breloom - Fungo
Venusaur - Sauros
(Shiny) Tyranitar - Shinji
Flygon - Wa
(Female) Blaziken - Bob (I blame my friend)
Kyogre - Water
Zapdos - Ho
Arcticuno - Bo
Moltres - Lo

I also have a history of naming my starter after the version mascot. For instance, my Torterra is named GIRATINA (which is a fun scare tactic) and my Japanese Pearl's Piplup is named (Palkia). Lately I haven't really been nicknaming them, but that's because most of the Pokemon I train were bred in my Emerald, then uploaded to Platinum (like my Sky Attacking Skarmory) so I can't change their nicknames (though if I could I'd name that one Ketsuban.) Maybe I'll start again; it was fun.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-04 05:47:48

Stay Puff the Togekiss (my dad's fault)

On my very first Gold savefile when I had first got the game, I chose Totodile as my starter. Unfortunately, my Mom got a hold of the Game Boy Color and named the Tototdile MOM (and I'm pretty sure it was male, too). MOM, though, went on to be my second non-cheated level 100 Pokémon.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-12-04 05:50:15
For 4 of my main pokemon their names are Aisu(Glaceon) Kotone(Dragonite) Akemi (Cresselia) and Sakura(Latias)
I'll explain more later I gotta Go

Re: Post Nicknames of your Pokémon here (and stori

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-12-04 05:59:56
I nickname pretty much any Pokemon I actually plan on using for something; to list them all here would be asinine.
Just a selection from a text file I have with plans for future/current Battle Frontier/PBR teams:

Uxie - Brock
Tyranitar - Sandzilla
Gyarados - Kraken
Starmie - Starscream (need a better name for this dude)
Garchomp - Gameshark
Yanmega - Meganeura
Yanma - Nymph
Scyther - Ketchup
Sneasel - Kamaitachi
Meditite - Padmasana
Murkrow - Crowbar
Tangela - Eurayle
Bronzong - Ju-Ju
Smeargle - dinner (I've already used up all the names of famous painters on Smeargles I use for other things)
Slowbro - Kid Speedy
Camerupt - CamelCase

I might explain them later, but until then, have fun guessing what some of the obscure ones mean.

For instance, my Torterra is named GIRATINA (which is a fun scare tactic) and my Japanese Pearl's Piplup is named (Palkia).

It'd be even more evil on Wi-Fi if you Baton Pass a substitute to them and they wouldn't know it's just a Piplup.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-04 15:24:53
Fire King- Infernape
Devil Dino- Tyranitar
ELE Angel- Zapdos
Dark Angel- Giratina (Origin)
Wavehorn- Lapras
PkMn God- Arceus

Uhh…….mysitc kingdom?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-04 19:15:42
Here's a list of various Nicknames I've given to my pokemon in games. Note I very Rarely give Nicknames to any pokemon from Generation III games and beyond because the 3D Pokemon Games that are compatible with them in those Generations don't have the ability to change your Pokemon's colors by what they are Nicknamed and what your ID numbers are. Also, I very Rarely catch more than one of each species of pokemon in Generation III and IV games unless I plan on importing them to a 3D game. As a result I have no real reasons to name them in generation III and IV.

However, when I happen across a Shiny Pokemon and capture it, I will Nickname it:
My Cousin's Ruby:
Sparkles - A Shiny Tentacool

My long since deleted LeafGreen Savefile:

Yarah? - A purple Slowbro I happened across while visiting Seafoam Islands. It is named after what Gold and Silver's text says its cry sounds like when you talk to the Slowbro in Cerulean City.

can't remember - A Shiny Zubat I raised all the way to a Shiny Crobat. Was traded to me by my second Cousin who not only ran into that but a Shiny Onix as well. I helped him evolve it into a Shiny Steelix in exchange for his low level Shiny Zubat. Kind of sad I lost this fucker as well as can't remember the nickname I gave it.

As for my Generation I and II games, I will often name my pokemon after various things or various attributes they possess and also on occasions things for fun.

Please note that I lost my original Pokemon Red Cartridge which had my Favorite teams on them but this is what you'd find:

Snorlax - SNORTON

Zapdos - I think it was SHOCKBOLT

Articuno- DEEPFREEZE? (can't remember but it had to do with Ice. No it wasn't SUBZERO as that name was already taken by my Lapras)

Moltres- Can't remember what I named this guy sadly but it had to with fire though.

Mewtwo - MEWTRO (this one is because it was a fun play on what I used to call Mewtwo before I learned his name back in the day. I did it for a reference to my Childhood.)

Mew - I can't remember this name

Lapras - SUBZERO (Pretty obvious why I named it this no doubt.)

My Digging and Earthquaking Gyarados - KING GYROS (named after a bar and grill located in my town that's just across the street from one of my town's local High Schools.)

My Flying and Sky attacking Onix - WINGSNAKE (obvious why and got it with my Q trick method.)

My Digging and Fissure using Fearow - SNAKEWING (same deal as above. This is actually the guy I was testing when I made the discovery of the alternate Q Trick Method. I first did it in Stadium 1 which made me want to test it and 2 which in turn caused me to turn it back into a regular Fearow permanently. However, I realized that while it was an Onix on my game, I had taught it how to Dig and Fissure. Amazing how a minor fuck up caused such an interesting discovery that nobody seemingly cares about on these boards enough to try it.)

Yeah, those are really the only pokemon I had Nickname thus far.

On My Yellow version, I nicknamed the following:

Mew - MEWMEW (obvious why and kind of idiotic but I got a nice Stadium color change out of it though.)

Mewtwo - MEWMASTER (this one actually was traded over from a previous save file on my Red version that got corrupted thanks to a transfer pak fuck up involving dust in the connectors. I named it this for some unknown reason or another.)

As for my other games, I haven't really named anything aside from a few of those in game traded pokemon which don't count btw since I didn't actually name them. They have some nice Color changes in the stadium games though.