Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

A strange cameo reference to Pokemon from Jagex? - Page 1

A strange cameo reference to Pokemon from Jagex?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-12-21 14:13:47
Just to confirm everybody knows who Lucas/Platinum is; he is one of the main protagonist of the games Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

Today Jagex (the makers of the MMORPG runescape) to celebrate their release of the 2009 Christmas event on runescape put this image as the main banner.

[img]http://www.runescape.com/img/main/skins/xmas_09/head_image.jpg[/img]

The character in the middle (Tiny Thomm) bears a strange resemblance to Lucas don't you think?! Even though the beret is a common hat to wear in cold times of the year I still find it quite strange how he wears the same trousers and has a similar build to Lucas. It might just be a coincidence though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wC_44VB0Ik

Re: A strange cameo reference to Pokemon from Jagex?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-21 18:58:03
In my opinion, it's a meaningless coincidence. If Jagex was intentionally making a Pokemon reference, then the personality of the character would be at least similar to Lucas/Platinum's (which it isn't.) Besides, those crutches throw the resemblance off.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-21 21:51:54
Similar, but it seems that something is odd about it. I'm not sure what, though.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-01-08 22:00:00
I honestly think that is just a coincidence. I mean really, the hat is what draws the most attention. The pants don't really look the same either.