Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Need some help in Pokemon Crystal - Page 1

Need some help in Pokemon Crystal

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-30 13:08:44
So I arrived at the Pokemon League after a day or two of playing, and I feel like I'm missing something. My team is all at level 37 (save for Suicune, which I haven't gotten around to training yet.) The E4 are obviously around level 50. As far as I can tell, the closest thing to the Pokenav/Vs Seeker in this game is the Pokegear, and nobody wants to battle me. I've never played Crystal before, so I don't know what to do. Help?

Re: Need some help in Pokemon Crystal

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-12-30 14:43:06
I trained in Victory Road really, and battled some people I skipped on the way to the league. You'll probably want your pokemon to be level 40+ at the least Im currently working on it too.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-12-30 15:37:44
You can go back to your mom and enable/disable DST repeatedly. People call quite often while you do this.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-12-30 16:43:44

You can go back to your mom and enable/disable DST repeatedly. People call quite often while you do this.
Really? I wasnt aware. Well I mean my time is messed up as it is, Im trying to get an Umbreon at the moment haha

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-30 17:10:09
Well, I think it'll depend on the people you've spoken to Wa. A lot of people will call you to say about rare Pokemon/items, or want a rematch. I can't remember which trainers will call for a rematch, but I'll see if I can find anything in Gamewinners walkthroughs.

Edit: Gamewinners have this interesting tip about the time in Crystal.

Easy time change:
An easy way to change the time on the system is to first save at the time which is easiest for you. Wait until it is that time in real life (keep the game on) Without saving, turn off the game. Note: Do not do things you need to save. You should now have the time set. Note: The game counts days. For example, if you are one hour behind, you will need 6 days/23 hours of no-save play.

Can't seem to find a list. Last time I'd played Gold, (years ago before my data wiped out), that I'd have a list in my phone list on people who were to rematch with and where to find rare Pokemon. Try what Marcus said, if that doesn't work it might depend if you're using a ROM/cart.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-30 19:51:48
Thanks everyone for the tips. I only have a few people on my Pokegear who call to battle, but after digging about around the Lake of Rage and Mt. Mortar I found a few trainers who I hadn't battled yet. It's still going to take a while, what with my Typhlosion being behind the rest of the team and Suicune in the Slow experience group.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-30 21:36:13
You're welcome Wa. I did try to raise a level 5 Raikou on my English Crystal ROM, was quite fun. Yeah, that's the trouble with legends, they're slow in the EXP gaining group.