Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Japanese Release Discussion Thread - Page 1

Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Japanese Release Discussion Thread

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-26 09:27:24
As you may know, Pokémon Diamond & Pearl versions have been released in Japan today! EVERYBODY CELEBRATE! ;D

The good folks at Serebii.net already have copies of the game and are documenting it as we speak. Currently, the new Gym Leaders and the new HMs have already been revealed, and more is coming! I'll edit this post with the new information as it comes out. What do you think about Pokémon Diamond & Pearl versions and the new info that is being revealed? Discuss it here!

Update: Some new Pokémon have been revealed: The evolutions of the starters (which look much cooler than any of the fakes that have been going around), a pre-evo of Lapras, and others. D/P appears to have a lot of evolutions and pre-evolutions of existing Pokémon…

Update: Serebii claims that there are 114 new Pokémon in D/P, bringing the grand total number of Pokémon up to 500. HOLY CARP, THAT'S A LOT!

*SCared Fir3 was here editing your post (points above)*
Edit by Ace: The "carp" was intentional. :P It's a joke I picked up from my friend Draslushee on the NSider forums.

Update: Serebii has posted a data dump from the Pokémon section of the game data in the Discovery Thread showing the base stats and types of all of the Pokémon in the game. There are some odd type combos, including many Ghost-type combos. Check it out!

Update: The Pokémon that the first Gym Leader has have been revealed in the Discovery Thread, and it seems that there are TMs numbered over 50! W00T!

Update: Guess I forgot to update for a few days. :P Just about everything about the game except a complete walkthrough is on Serebii now. Check out the Pokédex!

Re: Official Pok?mon Diamond/Pearl Release Discussion Thread

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-01 21:09:40
Ooohh i want to see some new pre-evos!

:D

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-10-17 16:36:23
100 TM's!!!! :o
The God of all Poke'mon with the highest total base stats!!! :o
A ghost/dragon type legendary with a move that has 120 base power & can't be protected (Shadow Drive)!!! :o
Not a single flying type legendary!!! :o
A hedgehog with a flower on it as a legendary(Sheimi)!!! :o
A ludicrously stupid looking Lickitung evo!!! :-\
[img]http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/463-m.png[/img]wierd. :-\

[size=20pt]Diamond & Pearl are cool!!![/size] ;D (other than the Lickitung evo)

Posted by: Immo each yo babies!
Date: 2006-10-19 21:13:29
I just realized this……dont read unless you like bad news

There won't be any glitches. Think about it. this is a fool-proof game that we cannot work our craft upon. it is intensly sad yet I will get the game and I will play it i will continue to assume my position of R/B Glitch-user

MISSINGNO 4EVA!!!!!!!11111

Date: 2006-10-19 21:36:02
Umm… one glitch in D/P has already been found. Check the Pok?mon Glitch Discussion board. I'm sure there are more.

Date: 2006-11-08 20:24:07
!!!!IDEA!!!!

Why don't we form a clan-type thing. Y'know, like in online games, they have the tags on their names and they play t'gether? Y'know? We could have a =GCL= Clan on WiFi for D/P….
So I guess I'd be sum'm like =GCL=Immo?

Date: 2006-11-08 22:28:06
That sounds good! ^_^ When D/P comes out in America, we should have an official thread for competitive Wi-fi battling and a GCL clan. Then, perhaps we can organize "clan wars" with other sites like TRSRockin, etc. and keep score of battle wins.

Date: 2006-11-08 23:44:32
Hah hah! Also help out each other in PvP by trading, LevelUp, then trade back. We all trust each other here, no? Also getting pokemon like Machamp, Gengar, etc. Imma start trying to make a 2v2 team build and post them.

ALSO!!! I will try to use as little TMs as possible and try to include all HMs.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-11-21 15:29:31
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamond-Japanese-Version/dp/B000KO6PP0/sr=11-1/qid=1164136417/ref=sr_11_1/104-9790845-9771909

READ THE RATING

Rated T for teen.Im confused.

wtf?

Date: 2006-11-23 16:49:43
that's wierd :-\

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-20 11:38:47

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamond-Japanese-Version/dp/B000KO6PP0/sr=11-1/qid=1164136417/ref=sr_11_1/104-9790845-9771909

READ THE RATING

Rated T for teen.Im confused.

wtf?

Maybe theres violence or that website is wrong.
Maybe team galaxy does violent stuff like kidnapping. The Diaruga/Parukia part might be violent.

Date: 2007-02-20 14:28:23
could be, although I doubt it, I reckon the website is wrong, Amazon are like that

Date: 2007-03-14 18:34:32
[size=36pt]YAY! ALL THE ENGLISH NAMES FOR THE D/P POKEMON![/size]

Re: Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Release Discussion Thread

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-03-15 10:14:56
Porygon-Z

funny :P

And NO WAY AM I CALLING ARUSEUS "Arceus", NO WAY I TELL YA'

Posted by: Newo