Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Generation 5 Predictions - Page 1

Generation 5 Predictions

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-02-22 23:05:27
Here you can talk about your predictions for Generation 5 Pokemon.
Mostly new evos/pre-evos.

I predict that Jynx will get an evolution. Don't ask what it would look like, I..don't…know…

Re: Generation 5 Predictions

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-02-23 00:32:49
I think Mewtwo will finally evolve! *shot*

Seriously though, last generation had some seriously fucked up ideas going on. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of ideas Game Freak has for Pokemon this time around. One thing I know for sure though is that I might have to end up retiring after HG/SS are released in the US because I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it like I used to.

Hell, I used to be a poke maniac that pretty much knew lots of things about pokemon and even had about 90% of their National Pokedex ID No. memorized. Things started to crumble for me in generation 4 and I just finally quit trying to play fairly.

Date: 2010-02-23 01:34:04
Quitter.
(Although, I'm one to talk. I didn't actually play D/P/Pt on normal terms like the others and the inevitible SoulSilver.)

OMG! What if Mewthree came into existence?!? *Laughs psychotically*

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-02-23 09:24:25
I predict a better touch screen interface (they got pretty good in HG/SS, but it could be better) and increased usage of the microphone, and possibly the DSi camera. Some new evolutions and pre-evolutions are obvious (my bets were on Chimecho until I found out it evolved from Chingling a few days ago), but I think they're going to do something totally revolutionary, like introduce a new type (please not Light), or maybe do something like the TCG did with those Delta and Level X cards. A new legendary trio is obvious, but since they say it's going to be completely new, who knows. Perhaps Zoroark and Zorua will be breedable movie stars, like Lucario and Riolu? Both got movies, both have preevolutions, but then there's the whole Manaphy/Phione thing, so who knows. I hope the plot isn't too tired.

Date: 2010-02-23 17:55:51
Zoroark is like Lucario in that it is a movie star, but not a legendary.
I suppose Nintendo revelaed Zorua to make it to where there isn't a similar problem like with Lucario, where it was thought to be legendary, and then Hell broke loose because it was revealed to not be legendary later. Long Story Short, I doubt Zoroark is legendary.
And yes, I am predicting a Light type. As well as a Pokemon with a Light/Dark type combo.
And possibly an Aura type. (Lucario changing from Steel to Aura, as Steel made no sense whatsoever…)
NO Delta.
NO Level X.
Nothing from the TCG.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-02-23 19:04:53

Zoroark is like Lucario in that it is a movie star, but not a legendary.
I suppose Nintendo revelaed Zorua to make it to where there isn't a similar problem like with Lucario, where it was thought to be legendary, and then Hell broke loose because it was revealed to not be legendary later. Long Story Short, I doubt Zoroark is legendary.
And yes, I am predicting a Light type. As well as a Pokemon with a Light/Dark type combo.
And possibly an Aura type. (Lucario changing from Steel to Aura, as Steel made no sense whatsoever…)
NO Delta.
NO Level X.
Nothing from the TCG.

I never said it HAD to be from the TCG. I'm just saying there could be a change of similar magnitude.

Date: 2010-02-23 19:37:02
But our gamer hearts can't take changes of THAT magnitude!

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-02-23 21:35:08
Pokemon-wise, I predict a Scyther preevolution, a Dunsparce evolution, and a Shuckle evolution.

Date: 2010-02-23 21:45:18

Pokemon-wise, I predict a Scyther preevolution, a Dunsparce evolution, and a Shuckle evolution.

I agree.
And a preevolution that connects Taruos and Miltank. If it's male, it evolves into Taruos. If female, Miltank.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2010-03-09 09:57:37
Magnemite 3rd evolution
Largehadroncolidermite imo

Date: 2010-03-09 17:54:39
There is already an evolution for Magneton.
Magnezone.
Introduced in D/P/Pt.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-03-09 18:25:19
He said 3rd, not second.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-09 18:27:01
I'd like to see Missingno. finally legitimized by Nintendo.

Date: 2010-03-09 18:57:05

He said 3rd, not second.

Won't happen. Unless he means alternate evolution. No (non-glitch) Pokemon evolves three times, and I would like it to stay that way.

Not likely. Mewthree is more likely to be added than Missingno. being an actual Pokemon.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-03-09 19:34:38

I, for one, would like it not to be. The fact that it's not supposed to be there is half the fun.