Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Black and White! - Page 2

Re: Pokémon Black and White!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-04-12 16:15:39
Just a heads up, they might change the version names (or at least the Black version anyways.) to avoid false accusations and claims of racism when they are localized.

Quite a shame. Bad enough, a bunch of retards interpreted Jinx as a racist stereotype back in the day just because it repeatedly tried to kiss Brock and the way it looked.

Sigh….. Of course what would America be without false accusations and claims. Expect a similar change in UK as well. If there isn't one, I'll be surprised.

They probably won't change the colors of the version at all. They'll probably just change the color's names to things like Onyx or Ivory versions or maybe something else.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-04-12 16:39:54
I remember someone in #zanzibar saying that they would be changed to Grey and White in the US, then Japan would release a separate Grey Version and all hell would break loose.

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2010-04-12 19:44:57
IMO, I think it would sound better if the versions were named Dark and Light rather than Black and White. Especially since the first Pokemon that's been introduced from Gen 5 is a pure Dark type, and that would make it even more awesome sounding than it does now. :D

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-04-12 21:36:58

Just a heads up, they might change the version names (or at least the Black version anyways.) to avoid false accusations and claims of racism when they are localized.

Quite a shame. Bad enough, a bunch of retards interpreted Jinx as a racist stereotype back in the day just because it repeatedly tried to kiss Brock and the way it looked.

Sigh….. Of course what would America be without false accusations and claims. Expect a similar change in UK as well. If there isn't one, I'll be surprised.

They probably won't change the colors of the version at all. They'll probably just change the color's names to things like Onyx or Ivory versions or maybe something else.

Let's hope something like that doesn't happen. There might be some black woman somewhere freakin' out right this moment.

On the other side…

Trainer cameos anyone?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-04-19 15:06:29
Those people….attention seekers is all they are. Or just moaners who live to complain. Jeez, at least it wasn't called N-word Version.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-04-19 19:15:31
^ I can see it now. Pokemon N***** and Pokemon C****** versions. With 3rd version B*****.