Pokémon allowed must meet the following conditions:
- They must be at level 1.
- They must be obtainable by hatching an Egg.
- They cannot be evolved.
- They must be able to evolve.
Only one Pokémon may be on a team from each species.
The Manaphy Egg and the Egg shown during the Arceus event do not count as Eggs.
- Dragon Rage
- Sheer Cold
- Horn Drill
- Any illegal Egg move combination
- Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep at a time on one's team.
- If one uses Selfdestruct or Explosion with their last Pokémon, they lose.
What I think are the upsides to this metagame are as follows:
- Minimum preparation. You only need to get good moves on the Pokémon and/or the parents, and then hatch the Egg with an acceptable nature (these are the no-change natures, which reduce no stats and therefore have them all maximum.) No RNGing, EV training, or training is required.
- New strategies. This will definitely play much different from OU, and more like Ubers, but with a bigger selection of Pokémon and even more tiers within that selection.
- A new way of team-building. Previously, base stats and EV spreads to optimize certain stats while keeping others reasonable were major factors in creating movesets and building teams. When no EVs can be given and base stats have to be at high levels to give any benefit whatsoever, more focus is on the Pokémon's type, ability, and moves. Certain Pokémon might surprisingly become good that weren't as much in the Little Cup.
We were hoping we could get more people to test this out with and develop some tiers. Any thoughts? If you're interested in battling in this metagame, you can PM me, or when more people join, you can post here.