Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Mimic-Rage Metagame or All-Moves-Allowed Metagame - Page 1

Mimic-Rage Metagame or All-Moves-Allowed Metagame

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-11-04 16:55:58
This intriguing thought popped into my head. What if there were a metagame where Mimic-Rage movesets were allowed? Then another thought popped into my head. What if there were a metagame where Pokémon after #386 could make use of the new rule? This would mean it couldn't be played on Wi-Fi without hacking, but would make for more Pokémon to select from. Any thoughts? Any movesets you'd use?
Mimic-Rage Metagame movesets:
Machamp@Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Ability: No Guard
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard

Latios@Soul Dew
EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Slaking@Life Orb
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Skill Swap
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Rhyperior@Leftovers
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Amnesia
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

Re: Mimic-Rage Metagame or All-Moves-Allowed Metagame

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-11-04 18:44:27
Well, I'd probably slap skill swap on shedinja in doubles with spiritomb, but besides that I'd probably use an agility-sheer cold machamp.  Also, a bunch of things would love spore, extremespeed, etc.  A swords dance-extremespeed/water jet bibarel could do some real damage.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-11-04 22:01:14
Meh, I don't agree with the after #386 part, because it's not in the glitch, although it could be potentially a great idea!

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-11-04 22:31:40

Meh, I don't agree with the after #386 part, because it's not in the glitch, although it could be potentially a great idea!

Wait, I think I'm missing something.  What's not in the glitch?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-11-05 09:56:51

Wait, I think I'm missing something.  What's not in the glitch?
Only Pokémon #386 or before and their later evolve forms can learn Mimic generally. This and the fact you need to restart your game every time lead me to think that the All-Moves Metagame would be a better idea.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-11-05 20:20:17

Well, I'd probably slap skill swap on shedinja in doubles with spiritomb, but besides that I'd probably use an agility-sheer cold machamp.  Also, a bunch of things would love spore, extremespeed, etc.  A swords dance-extremespeed/water jet bibarel could do some real damage.

Skill Swap fails when used by a Pokemon with the ability Wonder Guard.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-11-06 10:42:09

Skill Swap fails when used by a Pokemon with the ability Wonder Guard.

Did the properties of Skill Swap change with the start of Generation IV? At least IIRC in Generation III it would only fail (in a circumstance involving the ability Wonder Guard not taking misses and the effects of Protect and Detect into account) if a Pokémon uses Skill Swap and the target has the Wonder Guard ability. If a Pokémon with Wonder Guard uses Skill Swap, if the opponent doesn't have Wonder Guard it successfully 'transfers' its Wonder Guard ability on to the opponent and receives the opponent's ability but if the opponent uses it the usual "But it failed!" message appears.