Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

BUSHI Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha. Boss music = Pokémon Yellow unused track? - Page 1

BUSHI Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha. Boss music = Pokémon Yellow unused track?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-12-19 13:23:45
Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds strikingly familiar. BUSHI Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha was one of Game Freak/T&E Soft's earlier games released in January 1997.

This game was released after Pocket Monsters Red and Green (February 27, 1996), but Game Freak released Pokémon Yellow (Pocket Monsters Pikachu) after BUSHI Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha in September 12, 1998. If you compare the first boss music (Madake apparently) with the unused track, they seem pretty much identical. Footage of the first boss (starts at 0:49), compared with the unused track.

I'm under the impression that this game was quite popular, seeing as Game Freak had a whole section about it on their website since May 1997.

Edit: I uploaded it from the ripped soundtrack.