Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Kyurem is registered internally in a list of Pokémon with formes - Page 1

Kyurem is registered internally in a list of Pokémon with formes

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-02-06 19:22:20
Apparently, Kyurem is listed in a table of Pokémon in the ROM that should have at least one additional form, even though no alternative form exists.

This is another hint at Pokémon Gray, that and PokemonGray.com being parked by Melbourne IT Digital Services (who also parked webpages for some of the English Generation V Pokémon names like Genesect.com), of course so were names such as Pokemon Brown, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Purple registered as trademarks in the past with Pokémon Black and White, so nothing is concrete. I hope Game Freak would start developing an entirely new IP again (like they did with Drill Dozer)

Re: Kyurem is registered internally in a list of Pokémon with formes

Posted by: Glitch Hunter
Date: 2012-04-04 11:05:59
Pokemon Black and White 2 have been announced and within those are two new forms for Kyurem. White Kyurem and Black Kyurem. That may be why there's additional formes registered for it?

Re: Kyurem is registered internally in a list of Pokémon with formes

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-04-16 12:59:47

Pokemon Black and White 2 have been announced and within those are two new forms for Kyurem. White Kyurem and Black Kyurem. That may be why there's additional formes registered for it?

Yes, that's most likely the case. Reportedly, placeholder data for one additional forme previously existed in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl for Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin as well, though I haven't checked for myself.

Incidentally, although this is widely spread now, Ice Burn and Freeze Shock were confirmed to be signature moves for White Zekrom and Black Kyurem respectively. You can observe this on some footage revealed on Pokémon Smash, in which White Zekrom is battling Black Kyurem. Might have been revealed on the official Japanese website as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhbvWbnISII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__f6k1vw1Y