Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

GTS Question... - Page 1

GTS Question...

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-05-28 17:40:43
1. I never went on the GTS website, but I just checked it out and it said it closed in 2012? Why? And I didn't even get the point of the website anyway.
2. Why do people feel the need to ask for offers like "Lv. 5 and under MEW" for their shitty pokemon? It aggravates me. Just putting it out there.

Has anyone actually had decent trades through GTS? I have in the past but nowadays it's just stupid offers everywhere.

Re: GTS Question...

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2012-05-28 21:03:10
1. Idk, I think I only got my Pokémon games online once this year, and didn't go to the GTS.

2. That used to have an use back in Gen IV, to safely evolve Pokémon that needed trade, so you could look for a trade (which usually takes long to find a non-retard one where you have the required Pokémon) without worrying about your Pokémon being traded away. I used to Pokégen these shitty impossible requests with HMs and shitty IVs/natures/EVs just to have fun trading shit to them. But on Gen V, they fixed the evolution glitch, put lots of filters to prevent illegitimate Pokémon from being traded, but STILL ALLOWED dicky requests like that. But yeah, I actually have found good trades. They were japanese low-leveled female DW Pokémon, and they're not really hard to find. That's how I got my DW Vulpix. I think low-leveled Pokémon are less likely to have retarded requests, but that was several months ago, so idk if it still works like that nowadays. But the pussy trades will always exist as long as GTS exists and these requests are still allowed by the game.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-05-29 04:34:00
Wait, you mean to say they shut down the GTS itself or just the really pointless website that showed random trades?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2012-05-29 09:17:57
Probably just the site. I've never been there anyway.

Date: 2012-05-30 15:21:56

Probably just the site. I've never been there anyway.

Yeah it's just the site, I tried going on there on my old laptop and the website didn't even work for me.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-06-01 22:38:28
I find that depositing your own Pokemon and asking for something in return warrants a much better trade than personally looking for it.

Typically, though, when I do search for a trade, I'll look in four specific countries (Japan, US, Spain, France) before moving on.

Posted by: HorizonGirl76
Date: 2012-07-12 22:35:01
I totally used to come up with those impossible Pokemon just to screw with those idiots. Now if I want to make a serious trade, I always just deposit my Pokemon and request the one I want in return, rather than searching for one I want first. I find it particularly aggravating how they seemed to have enough time and resources to filter out illegitimate Pokemon, yet these impossible requests continue. At times, I find it renders the GTS practically useless.

Anyhow, I'm not particularly sad to see the GTS website go, never really did me any good. 

Date: 2012-07-25 00:18:15

I totally used to come up with those impossible Pokemon just to screw with those idiots. Now if I want to make a serious trade, I always just deposit my Pokemon and request the one I want in return, rather than searching for one I want first. I find it particularly aggravating how they seemed to have enough time and resources to filter out illegitimate Pokemon, yet these impossible requests continue. At times, I find it renders the GTS practically useless.

Anyhow, I'm not particularly sad to see the GTS website go, never really did me any good.

Yeah it's better to deposit a Pokemon and wait, but I was so impatient so I would look too. Yeah and even then, there's still illegitimate pokemon out there. :| Yeah I'm not a huge fan of GTS anymore, I prefer GTS Negotiations.