Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Transferring Pokemon - Page 1

Transferring Pokemon

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-05-28 17:44:40
With the release of B&W2 approaching, do you think there will ever been an easier way to transfer Pokemon between games/gens, or will we be stuck with PokeTransfer forever? Personally I think the mini game is cute and adds a bit more than previous versions but it's still annoying. I'd rather be able to transfer boxes at a time, and it'd be nice NOT to use 2 DSes. The only reason I still have my DSi is because of Pokemon. Do you guys think they could come up with a more efficient way to transfer Pokemon? I feel like something along the lines of online storage/wifi could work, like Pokemon Ranch but online idk.

Re: Transferring Pokemon

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2012-05-29 21:38:42
I wish you were able to send Pokémon back like you were in Gens I-III

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-06-01 22:41:10
I wish they'd make a Cloud Storage with like, a universal account so that every game can work with it.
All one would have to do is hook up their DS to the internet, register their game and make a username and password.

Date: 2012-06-02 13:56:47

I wish they'd make a Cloud Storage with like, a universal account so that every game can work with it.
All one would have to do is hook up their DS to the internet, register their game and make a username and password.

this!
But I bet that won't happen.

Posted by: Blaziken257
Date: 2012-06-10 20:04:16
One "problem" that would occur when transferring Pokémon from one generation to a previous one would be that Pokémon could potentially know moves/abilities that they couldn't learn originally. I don't mean moves/abilities that didn't exist originally – I mean moves that they couldn't learn until a later generation. Yes, I know this was possible from Generation II to Generation I (go Alakazam with elemental punches!) but a lot of people hated it (although I personally didn't mind). Imagine if you could send Drought Ninetales, Speed Boost Blaziken (with Hi Jump Kick, and without Jellicent or Flash Fire Chandelure to counter it, no less!), Drizzle Politoed, or Poison Heal Gliscor to Generation IV…

But yeah, there should be a better way to transfer Pokémon from Generation IV to V besides the time-consuming Pokéshifter that only allows you to transfer 6 Pokémon at a time. And there should be a way to transfer Gen III Pokémon directly to V… I know that more people have DSi's and 3DS's now, but some people, like me, still have a DS Lite, so there would still be people being able to use such a feature if it existed.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-06-10 23:09:38

One "problem" that would occur when transferring Pokémon from one generation to a previous one would be that Pokémon could potentially know moves/abilities that they couldn't learn originally. I don't mean moves/abilities that didn't exist originally – I mean moves that they couldn't learn until a later generation. Yes, I know this was possible from Generation II to Generation I (go Alakazam with elemental punches!)

I always liked having the level 5 Machamp, myself.

Date: 2012-12-27 14:03:16

With the release of B&W2 approaching, do you think there will ever been an easier way to transfer Pokemon between games/gens, or will we be stuck with PokeTransfer forever? Personally I think the mini game is cute and adds a bit more than previous versions but it's still annoying. I'd rather be able to transfer boxes at a time, and it'd be nice NOT to use 2 DSes. The only reason I still have my DSi is because of Pokemon. Do you guys think they could come up with a more efficient way to transfer Pokemon? I feel like something along the lines of online storage/wifi could work, like Pokemon Ranch but online idk.

loling because i've been bitching about transferring pokemon lately. and it's even funnier bc i traded in my dsi to GET white 2. but still i wish they implemented a cloud account like missingno said, it could be a feature on pokemon global link or some shit. :|

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-27 21:42:25
I'm actually surprised that Nintendo hasn't made something like cloud storage just yet, but perhaps they're working on an app for the 3DS or possibly the Wii U. Just got to see what the future holds for us Pokemon fans… As for transferring Pokemon from a newer game to an older game with moves that didn't exist, they could just use a error handler or set up an array of moves that didn't exist in one generation code wise. Sure it's time consuming on their part but it's very much possible at this point to set up some sort of cloud storage service with no (or little) glitches.