Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Evolving that stupid ugly brown fish thing - Page 1

Evolving that stupid ugly brown fish thing

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-07-29 15:17:41
So I have a gazillion Feebas on Emerald version and decided to try and get a Milotic. I raised its Beauty as high as it would go, but then its sheen maxed out and it won't even eat PokeBlocks anymore.

It's level 40 now and it hasn't evolved, so I guess I'm screwed there. I only used Chesto Berries to get Dry PokeBlocks, and Feebas "happily ate" them.

So what do I have to do to raise its Beauty high enough so that it'll evolve into Fancydos, but prevent its sheen from maxing out? Or is it all just hit-and-miss?

Re: Evolving that stupid ugly brown fish thing

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-07-29 16:09:17

So I have a gazillion Feebas on Emerald version and decided to try and get a Milotic. I raised its Beauty as high as it would go, but then its sheen maxed out and it won't even eat PokeBlocks anymore.

It's level 40 now and it hasn't evolved, so I guess I'm screwed there. I only used Chesto Berries to get Dry PokeBlocks, and Feebas "happily ate" them.

So what do I have to do to raise its Beauty high enough so that it'll evolve into Fancydos, but prevent its sheen from maxing out? Or is it all just hit-and-miss?

Yes. Feebas will evolve as long as it has max Beauty, so its possible to get a Level 6 Milotic, like how in Generation IV, it's possible to get a Level 2 Milotic.

It seems weird that Feebas didn't evolve when it liked the Dry Pokéblocks. Did Feebas previously eat any Beauty reducing/non-Beauty enhancing Pokéblocks? It looks like you'll have to try again with a new Feebas.

IIRC, the Beauty scale has to max out completely (at the tip of the scale will be a glistening star) (sorry, I think this was false memory) before you reach the Pokéblock limit. Chesto Berries only have a Beauty attribute of +1,  so it's a good idea to collect Pamtre Berries (Spicy -4, Dry +3, Sweet -1). You can get one easily from the Berry Master with the keywords "Challenge Contest" after beating the Elite Four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjJu2lTgJ7E

It's a long time since I evolved Feebas into Milotic on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, so my information might be off. I can't remember farming many Pamtre Berries, so just the one with other Chesto Berries (you can also try Wiki, Hondew, Cornn and Keplsey Berries) may do.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-07-29 16:49:51
Did Feebas previously eat any Beauty reducing/non-Beauty enhancing Pokéblocks? It looks like you'll have to try again with a new Feebas.

Nope, all I did was give it Blue PokéBlocks. Trying again shouldn't be a problem, I have like four boxes of the things.

Just tried using an Indigo PokéBlock, and holy crap, what a boost. Thanks a bunch for the advice!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-07-29 16:55:04

Did Feebas previously eat any Beauty reducing/non-Beauty enhancing Pokéblocks? It looks like you'll have to try again with a new Feebas.

Nope, all I did was give it Blue PokéBlocks. Trying again shouldn't be a problem, I have like four boxes of the things.

Just tried using an Indigo PokéBlock, and holy crap, what a boost. Thanks a bunch for the advice!

Pleasure.  :) Hope you get your Milotic.

Posted by: liline
Date: 2012-07-30 00:38:04
Hey! If your Feebas can't eat any pokeblock anymore, and if you don't need it necessary to be in your Emerald version, you should send it to a Heartgold or Soulsilver,and go several times in the afternoon to Pallet town to see Blue's sister, she makes the beauty go up when she takes care of a Pokemon, but you can't check the level of beauty, because there's no way to see the stats for this, as there's no contest. Or, to make it easy, send it to a Black/White and give it a scale that is said to be beautifull, sorry I don't know the name in english. It is colored, small, and it's given by someone in the Pokemon center of the town with deep sea.

But if you really need it to be in your Emerald, just make an egg of your Feebas and look at the television,when there is a "pokeblock master"(or something like that) in the city where there is the contest, go and make pokeblock, they will have a very high level, you'll end up with gold pokeblock. You couldn't do it with a ruby or sapphire.

Posted by: Ragnarok
Date: 2012-07-30 04:19:27
I believe the scale in Black and White is called the "Marvelous Scale." I'll have to check sometime when I have my DS, but it makes a bit of sense considering Milotic's ability is Marvel Scale. Maybe.
I seem to remember getting one over on the beach near the resort town, a bit south of that place where you can find Cynthia.

Kelpsy berries were what I used back in Emerald, though!