Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

How to get the best of my Pokémon's stats? - Page 1

How to get the best of my Pokémon's stats?

Posted by: liline
Date: 2012-08-19 10:03:46
Hello, I tried many times to understand how to train the best way my Pokémon… And I never understood all the stuff about EV,….
So I wonder a lot of things…
1) I take two Pokémon level 1, just born, without Pokérus or being shiney. If I train the first with rare candies and then give it as many proteins (and all the things like it) as I can, would it be different from the other if I give the second the proteins before the rare candies?
2) after the use of proteins, is normal training (fights) usefull or not?
3) If I give a pokémon proteins and all until it is full and then I train it normally, is it usefull to give it a macho brace or a power belt, or will it have no effect at all?
4)what about the items we get on the two bridges of Unova?
Hoping someone will be able to explain it clearly, I already thank you

Re: How to get the best of my Pokémon's stats?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2012-08-20 03:54:52

1) I take two Pokémon level 1, just born, without Pokérus or being shiney. If I train the first with rare candies and then give it as many proteins (and all the things like it) as I can, would it be different from the other if I give the second the proteins before the rare candies?

Assuming identical IVs, no. Rare Candies have no effect on EVs.

2) after the use of proteins, is normal training (fights) usefull or not?

Proteins and other vitamins can only raise EVs up to 100. Since there is a maximum of 255 (effectively 252 to avoid wasting EVs), there is still value in further training.

3) If I give a pokémon proteins and all until it is full and then I train it normally, is it usefull to give it a macho brace or a power belt, or will it have no effect at all?

As above, vitamins don't raise stats completely so it would be useful to use Macho Brace or a power item for the remaining 152 EVs (incidentally, these items don't affect vitamins).

4)what about the items we get on the two bridges of Unova?

Wings differ from Vitamins in that they only raise 1 EV at a time as opposed to 10, and they can be used all the way up to the 255 EV maximum instead of capping at 100.