Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

G/S/C Trading - Page 1

G/S/C Trading

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-09-06 19:44:18
Holy Arceus why.

Why is this so goddamn hard? All I want to do is send a Girafarig over to Crystal from Silver, but I can't even get a connection between the two games. I can't do it between my GBC and GBA SP since the cables have different ends, but attempting to use the GameBoy Player for the GameCube results in two messages on different games. One says "Your friend is not ready," and the other says "The connection has been lost due to inactivity".

Can anyone help?

Re: G/S/C Trading

Posted by: Rsrdaman
Date: 2012-09-06 20:29:14
Those errors are usually created by a dirty cable or the cable not being in all the way. Try to clean the cable tip with rubbing alcohol and clean the port with it too.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-09-06 21:19:41

I can't do it between my GBC and GBA SP since the cables have different ends

Common misconception.  They actually *can* be linked together but only for GBC/GB games.  I've done it myself a few times.

The GBA's link port is just a GBC port with an additional addon (the u at the top) for extra data used for GBA games.  HOWEVER there is a *slight* issue with older models (and possibly newer models) of the SP in which leaving the GBC on and the SP off will cause power to be pulled into the SP unit.  This can be observed by screen fadeout after being shutoff taking much longer and the backlight can be turned on while the system itself is off, albeit one light and dimly.  As far as I can tell, this is harmless.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-09-07 15:58:47
Oh bugger, I forgot to mention that there's a switch in the middle of the cable with "GBC" and "GBA" on it, and a little switch that you move to one end or the other.

Oh hey, it's working now. I now have a Girafarig and my guy on Silver now has a Pidgey. I thought I was gonna need to buy another SP or something, but it seems that it just takes a zillion attempts, like the more complex glitches out there.

I guess we can lock this or use it as a general Pokémon Help thread.