Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 thread! - Page 2

Re: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 thread!

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-20 16:38:22
So I just bought White 2. It better be good or I'll be sad.

Edit:
My team is currently Flaaffy, Riolu, Oshawatt and I managed to beat the first two gyms with them.

Some things I feel like making fun of because they are silly:
- The movie studio thingy. I had a bit of a hard time not laughing maniacally while on the bus at the Riolu-Kid thing.
Apparently that made 32 billion yen, and me and my Pokemon (which I didn't even get to use) are the greatest thing since sliced ice cream.
Other than that it genuinely seems like a fun sidequest.
- The medals. I save my game like 5 times… MEDAL FOR YOU!!!1. I save it a few more times. MEDAL!!!eleven. I go heal at the Pokemon Centre. You better believe that's a medal. I get the feeling there's still more saving and centering medals to come.
- That guy in that place who told me to catch a Magnemite for the second gym is possibly the only time in recorded history where an NPC has given me actual useful advice.
- Cheren goes on a journey of self-discovery or some s**t like that at the end of BW1, and he becomes… the first gym leader. With a goddamned Patrat. True meaning of strength right there.

Reading this after playing through the game a bit made me laugh my ass off.
THE MOVIE STUDIO I CAN'T EVEN. It's so ridiculous.
I like the medals, even the silly ones for walking around and saving.
I didn't catch a Magnemite. XD
FUCKING CHEREN. What a role model.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-12-21 03:54:37
I have Black 2 and played through it already, and I've already filled five boxes without doing anything of note migration wise, which I really enjoy.

The movie theater, though, I don't see myself using. I liked contests and PokeBlocks. Gamefreak, bring 'em back!

Everything else though is tons better than B/W. Story and otherwise.

Date: 2012-12-21 18:27:34

I have Black 2 and played through it already, and I've already filled five boxes without doing anything of note migration wise, which I really enjoy.

The movie theater, though, I don't see myself using. I liked contests and PokeBlocks. Gamefreak, bring 'em back!

Everything else though is tons better than B/W. Story and otherwise.

I just want to be able to easily trade/transfer between games. I wish there was some online storage you could use to transfer them. (like Pokemon Box in a way?) That would make me so much happier.
Yeah I love the story so far, I'm not a huge fan of the movie thing. I loved contests and PokeBlocks too! Those were the best. I feel like there's so much more to do in this game and I love it.

Date: 2012-12-22 03:37:15

I just want to be able to easily trade/transfer between games. I wish there was some online storage you could use to transfer them.

I really hope that, in the future, maybe for Generation VI, that Nintendo comes out with like, a program where you can share your Pokemon between all of its games. Kind of like, on Pokemon Ranch or something, how every Pokemon is staying at the same ranch, and you can just pull from it accordingly on what Pokemon you want to use in your game at the time.

That way we don't have to keep starting over with starters again and again.

Date: 2012-12-22 13:32:33

I just want to be able to easily trade/transfer between games. I wish there was some online storage you could use to transfer them.

I really hope that, in the future, maybe for Generation VI, that Nintendo comes out with like, a program where you can share your Pokemon between all of its games. Kind of like, on Pokemon Ranch or something, how every Pokemon is staying at the same ranch, and you can just pull from it accordingly on what Pokemon you want to use in your game at the time.

That way we don't have to keep starting over with starters again and again.

I agree. Like a cloud or something. But in Ranch it only lets you put Pokemon on the original Game Card they came from. I'm sure they can figure out restrictions so people don't cheat, it can't be that hard. They have a lot in place now anyway. I love starting over with new Pokemon but hate when I have to transfer over EVERYTHING to my new game.

Date: 2012-12-22 15:13:36

I love starting over with new Pokemon but hate when I have to transfer over EVERYTHING to my new game.

Which renders your previous games practically useless.

Date: 2012-12-23 23:44:27

I love starting over with new Pokemon but hate when I have to transfer over EVERYTHING to my new game.

Which renders your previous games practically useless.

Which is when I trade them into Gamestop so I can buy the newest version.

Date: 2012-12-24 02:18:37

And then you get a feeling that comes to you in the middle of the night: "Damn, I wish I still had Pokemon Diamond so I could replay that story."

lol jk that never happens

Date: 2012-12-24 09:30:00

And then you get a feeling that comes to you in the middle of the night: "Damn, I wish I still had Pokemon Diamond so I could replay that story."

lol jk that never happens

Said no one ever.
The Pokemon games I have left are RBY (Blue is fucked), SC (I lost my Gold version, and Silver is toast), Emerald, White, White 2, and HG.

Date: 2012-12-24 14:30:47
I don't ever trade in my games.
I still have Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Colloseum, Gale of Darkness, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, White, Black 2, FireRed, LeafGreen.

Woo.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-24 14:49:00
I did trade in my original Blue version and Crystal, but I since then got another copy of Blue. Every since I haven't traded in any of my Pokemon games, still have R,B,Y,G,RU,D,PL,W,B2,SS. So I own at least one game per Generation. :) I refuse to trade in any of those games now, and still kick myself for trading in Crystal… >.>

Date: 2012-12-24 21:44:27

I don't ever trade in my games.
I still have Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Colloseum, Gale of Darkness, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, White, Black 2, FireRed, LeafGreen.

Woo.

Oh yeah I had Colosseum. I played Mystery Dungeon Blue & Time, I bought a used copy of FireRed… I had Pokemon Ranch if that counts. I traded all of those in.
I lost my original Yellow and Gold, the only "original" games I still own are Crystal, Emerald, and the DS games obviously.