Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

If you could get rid of one generation what would it be? - Page 1

If you could get rid of one generation what would it be?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-31 02:06:30
I was thinking about this while wondering about what generation I should tackle to finish my pokedex in white. Honestly I wish D/P never happened. What about you guys? I mean there are a few exceptions but overall I was not a huge fan of the pokemon in D/P. Your thoughts?

Re: If you could get rid of one generation what would it be?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2012-12-31 02:19:19
Would we be getting rid of a generation of games or a generation of Pokemon?

Because in all honesty, I feel as if the Pokemon in Generation I were relatively…uninspired, I guess? However, the games remain so influential.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-31 10:23:02
I would get rid of D/P too, Gen 4 is my least favorite generation. However I do like Platinum, the reason why I don't care for D/P is the framerate. :\

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-01-01 02:20:18
Pokemon Channel.

I don't care that it's not a generation, I hate it so much that it should be one. Yeah okay, Gen 1 then. Mechanics more unbalanced than a drunk unoplegic on a unicycle annoy me perhaps even more than its fanbase who call themselves fans and then go on to say that "HURP DURP THERE ARE ONLY 151 POKEYMONS" and/or insist that any games afterwards ARE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE WITHOUT QUESTION.

</rage>

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-01-01 05:37:58
I always assume Gen I and Gen II have 256 Pokemon, and they're the only generation that I could complete my Pokedex on an emulator without trading. Gen III and Gen IV have awesome music. I haven't played Gen V yet, but some of my friends played BW and BW2 and said they're great.

So I'll KEEP ALL OF THEM!

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2013-02-17 12:26:50
I have the feeling that if Generation I was removed from existence, this website would cease to exist.

That said, if I /had/ to get rid of a generation, it'd probably be Generation IV.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-02-19 03:22:38

I have the feeling that if Generation I was removed from existence, this website would cease to exist.

I think we're assuming for the purposes of this thread that if Gen 1 was removed the first games would be what is known in our reality as Gen 2.

If not, I would change my answer to Gen 5. In the likely event that there aren't any additional games between now and Pokemon XY, it hasn't really delivered any groundbreaking excitement like all other 4 games have. Not to say that it's bad, because it isn't, but it's just not as good.

[mad]
Also, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. Fuck you and your not actually that scary plotline despite what TVTropes' 12 year old subcommunity thinks. Fuck you and your boring dungeons. Fuck you (and the whole series for that matter) and your rescue system that requires me to either cheat or have friends (I play Pokemon games, so how the fuck do I accomplish the latter?). And most of all, fuck you Wigglytuff and your round smug face. Even after I beat the game, I still have to give the waste of space-time continuum that your being occupies pretty much all my money? Eat shit. I'm going to fucking rip your fucking swirly thing off your head and then shove it in your eye socket, then shit in the wound so you get an infection and die of it.
[/mad]