Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Masuda Method - Page 1

Masuda Method

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2013-05-05 21:18:55
If I used a Shiny Gyarados with this method, does it increase my chances slightly to have a shiny offspring? Or is it the same if I just used a normal Pokemon from my cart?

Re: Masuda Method

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-05-06 06:27:18

If I used a Shiny Gyarados with this method, does it increase my chances slightly to have a shiny offspring? Or is it the same if I just used a normal Pokemon from my cart?

AFAIK no, you still get the 1/1639 (Gen IV) or 1/1366 (Gen V) chance of getting a Shiny Pokémon when breeding with two Pokémon of different geographical origins regardless of whether one is Shiny or not.

Date: 2013-05-06 11:17:14

AFAIK no, you still get the 1/1639 (Gen IV) or 1/1366 (Gen V) chance of getting a Shiny Pokémon when breeding with two Pokémon of different geographical origins regardless of whether one is Shiny or not.

Okay thanks! And also just double checking but if I have a French Ditto and English Raichu, that will work right?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-05-06 12:33:42

Okay thanks! And also just double checking but if I have a French Ditto and English Raichu, that will work right?

Yeah, that should work.

Date: 2013-05-06 13:24:52

Yeah, that should work.

Okay sweet. I got a French Ditto through GTS and was hoping it was legitimate/would work. It's named Metamorph, with an accent on the e so I'm assuming it's a legit French Pokemon since there aren't any accented letters on the English keyboard.