Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Pokemon With The Highest Attack Stat............Shuckle! - Page 1

The Pokemon With The Highest Attack Stat............Shuckle!

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-10-28 10:56:01
I don't know if anyone else knows about this, but in Diamond & Pearl, Shuckle can now have the highest Attack stat of any Pokemon so far. This is because it learns a new move called Power Trick, which swaps the users' Attack & Defence round. Shuckle has a base Attack of 10, & a base Defence of 230, which makes its Attack ludicrously high :o! This would probably be best used in combination with Substitute, as Shuckle will also have one of the lowest Defence stats afterwards.

I think that's very wierd. :-\

Re: The Pokemon With The Highest Attack Stat............Shuckle!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-10-28 11:43:59
I was just discussing this in a D/P strategies thread on NSider a few days ago. :D I came up with an insanely good Shuckle combo:

In a 2vs2 battle, send out Shuckle along with a Pok?mon that knows the move Trick Room, which makes slower Pok?mon move first for 5 turns. Because Shuckle has an incredibly low 5 base Speed, it will almost always be the slowest Pok?mon–and therefore the fastest. Therefore, Shuckle should move last on the first turn, allowing it to use Power Trick only after everyone else has attacked; and it should move first on the second turn, allowing it to sweep with Earthquake or Rock Slide. This leaves no openings for opponents to attack Shuckle, and is therefore extremely powerful… and extremely cheap. :P

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-10-29 10:29:54
yeah, that would work brilliantly with a Togetic evolution as your second Pokemon, as Togetic can learn Follow Me to stop any opponents with moves like Extremespeed or Aqua Jet & it won't be hit by Earthquake, although you'd have to switch to it as it can't learn Trick Room, so perhaps the battle could go like this:

TURN 1
Pokemon with Trick room uses Trick Room
Shuckle [has Concentration Band {ups attack power} & trained in Defence] uses Power Trick

TURN 2
Pokemon with Trick Room switches to Togetic evolution [has Leftovers & trained in Defence, Sp. Defence & HP]
Shuckle uses Protect

TURN 3
Togetic evo uses Follow Me
Shuckle uses Earthquake
[Repeat until you win/opponent sends out flying type/Pokemon with Levitate, then use Rock Slide]

Posted by: Immo each yo babies!
Date: 2006-11-07 23:03:44
OMGCHEAP.
Thats very good but will be so very annoying….You guys know about the new ultimate sponge though? Maybe if Mirakuge could learn Follow Me then it would be best.

Then you're all like
"What's so great about him?"
So I tell you.

He's Got Ghost/Dark Type and 108 Defense in each defense.(Max of 346 Defense Each)

SO

Ghost Weaknesses: Ghost, Dark
Ghost Resistances: Poison, Bug
Ghost Not-Affected: Normal, Fighting
Dark Weaknesses: Bug, Fighting
Dark Resistances: Ghost, Dark
Dark Not-Affected: Psychic

So, Dark Resistances (of dark and ghost) cancels out Ghost weaknesses (of dark and ghost).
Also, the Ghost Resistance of Bug cancels out the weakness of bug.
And to top it all off, the Ghost Not-Affected of Fighting doesn't let the fighting damage come through.
So it looks like This:

Ghost/Dark:

Not hit by Normal
Not hit by Fighting
Not hit by Psychic
Poison isn't very effective(.5)

SO now you're like "Ohhhhh!"

So How bout this

Mirakuge (Pressure)

Atk: 311
Def: 346
SpAtk: 311
SpDef: 346
Spd: 185
Hp: 304

Eerie Wind
Scheme
Endure
Memento

Ok so now here's what we gonna do:
-Scheme until you can't get any more SpAtk
-Eerie winmd 5 times (They'll die)
-Endure!
-When you have 1Hp, use memento, faint, and lower the foe's stats for the big finale.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-11-08 11:51:41
You have a great Mirakuge set there, but I see three problems with it:

1. Dark Pulse is better than Eerie Wind. Not only does Dark Pulse do more damage, but Eerie Wind is completely blocked by Normal-types whereas Dark Pulse isn't completely blocked by anything.

2. Even with those good defenses, Mirakuge won't last long enough to get 3 Schemes without some kind of stalling move or healing move. Perhaps you should replace Endure/Memento with moves like Hypnosis or Pain Split?

3. Mirakuge's terrible Speed will make the Endure/Memento trick useless. It will get KO'd before it can use Memento.

Here's my idea for a Mirakuge moveset:

Mirakuge @ Leftovers
Dark Pulse
Scheme
Pain Split
Hypnosis/Confuse Ray

Use Hypnosis or Confuse Ray to slow the foe down or force a switch, then Scheme when your opponent is switching, asleep, or confused. Sweep with Dark Pulse, and use Pain Split to restore HP when neccessary.

Posted by: Immo each yo babies!
Date: 2006-11-08 14:17:41
Mirakuge can't learn pain split.(Without breeding, and seriously, who has time…?)

So we'll replace it with dream eater, then the foe won't get more HP and it's a definate hypnosis rather than confuse ray.

The only breed'd pokemon that you MUST have is chansey, with

Softboiled
Heal Bell
Counter
Heal Wish

Although you may not exactly have a long-lasting sponge, heal wish is the key.